4.0.1 has way too many bugs. What is going on?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jul 31, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

First of all my mail constantly freezes....mostly when I try and delete stuff. I have to go under settings and turn my account off then back on to reset.

Yesterday the camera would open but not let me take pics...I had to reset the phone. List goes on. Apple get your act together and fix all this foolishness with 4.1. Thanks and God bless.

2. 101AirAssault macrumors member

Which phone do you have? No issues with 4.0.1 on my 4.

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

I really hope they fix the zoom when you hit return bug

It's really annoying when writing long messages on forums.

4. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

I have the 4.....seems to have gotten worse this past week. The camera issue was not big deal...but the mail freezing every other day or so is a bit much

5. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

I know this is a generic answer, but have you tried a restore and setup as new. Im not having any of those issued on my 4.

6. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

I would agree. I don't call them "bugs", but there sure are a lot of rough edges. I've never bothered to write them all down, the GPS is not as accurate, viewing pictures sometimes gets all wonky, the multi-tasking and APPs have come to complete agreement on how to handle suspended operations, and so on. Nothing debilitating, but I suspect the iOS team has a laundry list of things to polish up in addition to the well known (and to me almost completely inconsequential) problems.

-shrug- the life of an early adopter. Device is great, warts and all.

7. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

There are no bugs with this OS on my iP4 either. Everything seems to be working great with it so far.

8. bobbba macrumors regular

I've not had any problems like this. Maybe there's problems with your mail provider.

9. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I've seen none of these bugs. I think you should do a reset, like someone suggested.

10. vbman213 macrumors 6502

Who is providing your email? It sounds like you might be experiencing some IMAP errors from what you described above. I'm using GMAIL and I have no issues with mine!