4.0.1 proximity sensor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gigapocket1, Jul 16, 2010.

1. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

2. JuiceZ macrumors newbie

It appears to have fixed the proximity sensor on my wife's phone.

3. DavidFL macrumors member

My proximity sensor seems to be better. It appears to be activating about a half to three quarters an inch further away than before.

I remain skeptical and will report whether I have any improvement on actual calls. It does not appear in the release notes that they did anything with the proximity sensor which is why I'm afraid that this is wishful thinking on my part. We'll see.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

You may as well have asked if 4.0.1 helped your mortgage interest rate. Seeing as how apple hasn't even officially acknowledged the prox sensor issue, and made no mention of it in the 4.0.1 release notes, my guess is that anyone who thinks 4.0.1 fixed it is merely enjoying the effects of a reboot.

5. brarian macrumors newbie

6. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

Per the release notes, 4.0.1 had nothing to do with the proximity sensor so if anything is different then it's a placebo effect. Also since Steve Jobs stated they have acknowledged the issue and will have a software update fix coming shortly just adds to the fact that 4.0.1 did nothing for that problem.