4.0.2 Update - Proximity Sensor fix?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coryndiego, Aug 17, 2010.

1. coryndiego macrumors regular

coryndiego

Has anyone updated to 4.0.2 yet? I haven't seen any write ups about it so I don't have anything to refer to...

I just updated my phone to 4.0.2 and it seems that the proximity sensor has a longer lag when pulling away from the ear before it turns back on. I have only made one call after the update but I'm curious if others are noticing the same.?

2. Saberon macrumors 6502a

4.0.2 was for the Jailbreak fix

4.1 which is currently in beta testing will fix the proximity issue. Expect it to be released likely within the next 30 days

3. coryndiego thread starter macrumors regular

coryndiego

Thanks... I wasnt sure what was included... I think Im just being hopeful.

4. coryndiego thread starter macrumors regular

coryndiego

5. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

Hope it comes soon, because today (in the eastern heat) my iphone has been acting up. The proximity sensor was fine when I was out west for a month, in the relative cold, but now it's doing the old thing - activating ringtones screen, ending calls on its own, lighting up when it's next to my face, etc. At least I haven't hit mute yet (which happened before I took my trip).

Boy, when this happens I long for the days when I had an LG EnV - never ever had a problem. But that phone was dumb. :eek:

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

in the past, Apple has released their X.1 update during the September music invent, I see this year being no different, so we have roughly less then a month to go.