4.0 already JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TSX, Apr 9, 2010.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Something you'll only find on JB 4.0: VNC :) http://is.gd/blzeg (BTW don't bother with betas, they're *very* buggy!)
    web • 4/9/10 8:10 AM
    via @musclenerd

2. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Just saw that too! Pretty crazy.

3. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Hopefully when the new iPhone comes out we can have an untethered jailbreak immediatly.

4. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I'm wondering why people would JB with 4.0. Seems like only unsigned apps, tethering and file managers remain as reasons to do so.

5. felt. macrumors 6502a

LockInfo is a good enough reason for me to keep on jailbreaking

6. bushido Suspended

bushido

5 dock icons, reflective dock, 5 rows, email text missed call etc icons (apple doesnt seem to be able to manage something my 6 year old nokia was able to do), custom sms sounds, custom icons, lockscreen widgets ... list goes on and on

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

ME TOO! :D

8. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

More customization. Some people like having a terminal, themes, PrivaCy, Activator, SBSettings, LockInfo, Downloads from Safari and Youtube, haptic feedback, and other features that Apple just leaves out of devices. Things like video recording on a 3G, multitasking on a 3G etc...

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's many more reasons.
    If you don't want to jb you don't have to....

10. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

2 of those sound genuinely useful. (icons and lockscreen widgets). All of the UI stuff is pretty superfluous. I can see some people being so demanding that they want to JB for that, but you can't really argue that they're huge missing features from the OS.

However, I do think that the biggest thing missing now is a way to see notifications without having to follow a bubble prompt. I like how android uses the bar icons along with the shade. With iPhone OS, it's difficult to see a lot of information at once.

11. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Agreed. I don't even theme my phone :p The essentials for me are functionality. I have status bar notifications for email, sms, calendar reminders, missed calls, etc so I can see when I have something in any app. Then I have LockInfo so I can get more info on my LockScreen. I also have InfoShade enabled in LockInfo so if I'm in an app and I see I have a new email or something, I can drag down my statusbar, just like in Android, and view all my new messages and even read them. :) Those are things Apple should have thought of.

12. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Ifile,downloader,bittorrent, and terminal just to name a few.

13. Cupra macrumors regular

ditto, and biteSMS or similar for quick replying to sms messages overlaying the running app

14. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

15. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Besides everything mentioned above, I need my 3G Unrestrictor :D

16. luvu01 macrumors regular

i think after iphone OS 4 is released. the main reason people would jailbreak because they want to unlock. except for those who is using an official network they would want to jailbreak for the theme and sbsetting.

17. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786

Didn't Muscle Nerd tweet something saying "that remember that Apple told us that the 2G couldn't handle MMS but it could". Was that a clue for something.

18. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Probably that we all know the 3G can do multitasking using backgrounder, so it's BS. There could be a way to enable this. Although this wasn't the case with Voice Control and Video Recording.

19. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Please be aware that this is a jailbreak-train jailbreak. MuscleNerd has just created a custom 4.0 firmware to install on his phone; this does not mean that a jailbreak has been created for a phone which ships with 4.0 or a 3GS which has been upgraded to 4.0. If you are were not currently on the jailbreak train, MuscleNerd's method (PwnageTool) will be no use to you.

20. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

It seems, from the video, that the jailbreak is on a 3g iPhone, for neither the compass icon is shown, nor is multitasking demonstrated (groups is available on both iPhone 3g and 3gs).

21. troyhouse macrumors 6502

which app you are using for status bar notifications?

22. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I use StatusNotifier. I found a .deb file a while back that gives me options in the normal Settings.

23. iphonegeek786 macrumors 6502

iphonegeek786