Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James.123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
It's been a bit quite... I don't know if i missed an announcement or something, but why hasn't the jailbreak for os 4 beta 2 appeared yet? If anyone knows how please respond!
Thanks

lemonade-maker

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
Why would you want it? It has many bugs and another BETA will be released to developers in less than a week. Seems like a total waste of time. Jailbreak seems like a total waste of time in general to me though.

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
It's been a bit quite... I don't know if i missed an announcement or something, but why hasn't the jailbreak for os 4 beta 2 appeared yet? If anyone knows how please respond!
Thanks

why would there be a jailbreak version. 4.0 is no way ready for public use yet.

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
Que ????

Why would you want it? It has many bugs and another BETA will be released to developers in less than a week. Seems like a total waste of time. Jailbreak seems like a total waste of time in general to me though.

I understand not wanting a beta jailbreak. I would rather them focus on prepping it for a first day launch on the official OS.

Now jailbreak a waste of time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU&NR=1

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
it will be out!

I understand not wanting a beta jailbreak. I would rather them focus on prepping it for a first day launch on the official OS.

Now jailbreak a waste of time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU&NR=1

when it's out I highly doubt they will release a jb same day 4.0 comes out. the JB dev don't owe anybody anything. it's possible they could stop JB at anytime as well. Loose interest. Quite simply jb will be out when it's out. ;) also people need to realize that many apps in Cydia will not work with 4.0 jb don't get the same chances to fully test there apps with firmware like Apple Dev. with big updates like 4.0 it will most likely be months before you see a good jb.

James.123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
I just want to get backgrounds and multitasking for my 3G. Does anyone know how on beta 2?

Derrick Velasco

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2008
I just want to get backgrounds and multitasking for my 3G. Does anyone know how on beta 2?

I highly suggest you keep those disabled. The 3G runs them horribly. You can see videos on YouTube showing it's laggyness. If anything, you should wait until the gold master comes out and then hack it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.