Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
I missed saving my 4.0 shsh blobs because I did not know this existed in time. Should I stay on 4.0 and wait for the jb or update to 4.0.1 and save that blob before I miss another chance?

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
umm. I don't understand this:

Originally Posted by Kayan View Post
"Lastly, is it possible to saved shsh blobs for 4.0.1 when I am running 4.0 firmware? Or is the only way to get them is to upgrade my iPhone4 to 4.0.1 then request them ?

--

Firmware on phone has zero bearing on firmware version Apple is currently signing.

You can only get the version currently signed by Apple. "

How can I get a current shsh blob then? I'd have to update my phone to 4.0.1 right now to save this blob, right?

Is this worth doing so that I don't miss another fairly new blob version or am I better off staying on 4.0?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
umm. I don't understand this:

How can I get a current shsh blob then? I'd have to update my phone to 4.0.1 right now to save this blob, right?

Is this worth doing so that I don't miss another fairly new blob version or am I better off staying on 4.0?

Google "tinyumbrella" Download and run it. Will save 4.0.1 hashes only

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Google "tinyumbrella" Download and run it. Will save 4.0.1 hashes only

I did and it said : CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0 (8A293) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE."

Should it have save? the hashes for 4.0.1 anyway or is there something I need to do so that it saves those?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I did and it said : CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0 (8A293) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE."

should it have save the hashes for 4.0.1 anyway or is there something I need to do so that it saves those?

I think I just told you you can only get 4.0.1 hashes, (not 4.0 hashes). Select save 4.0.1 hashes under advanced settings.

This was all in the thread I referred you to. I don't like repeating, I'm done here !

doctapeppa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
I think I just told you you can only get 4.0.1 hashes, (not 4.0 hashes). Select save 4.0.1 hashes under advanced settings.

This was all in the thread I referred you to. I don't like repeating, I'm done here !

That's not an option! bleh..I think I have to get a newer version of TinyUmbrella..Err. yeah, that's it! Thanks. Sorry for bothering.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
So I saved my iP4 4.0.1 Blob, it said it sent it to Cydia? Why??

I have little snitch and no outgoing connection was requested, so I assume it didn't contact any server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.