4.01 Photos Issue!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogdogg, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ogdogg macrumors 6502

After updating to 4.01, my photo albums have disappeared. Every time I sync, it adds the photos to my phone and I watch the remaining memory drop. I've done this about 5 times now and my phone is nearly out of space. Yet every time I open the photos app, there are no photos. Something is majorly wrong with this update. I've tried restarting several times. I don't really know what else to do. I guess I'll try a clean install. I don't know how else I'm going to get my free space back... Apple is really screwing the pooch these days.

2. jp700p macrumors regular

Try powering off the phone (hold top power button for 5 seconds). And then turn it back on again. I did that, and my photos are all there again.

3. Stiss macrumors 6502a

All I can suggest is a restore.

I'm not suffering from the same issue.

I guess you've been unlucky!

4. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried that several times. I even restarted my macbook. No help. I'm doing a restore now. Hopefully that does it. I'll post once I'm done restoring.

5. ogdogg thread starter macrumors 6502

UPDATE:

Restoring from a backup didn't fix my issue. I had to do a restore to factory in order to get the photo app to work... Now the joy of editing all my settings...