4.1 Bluetooth AVRCP: What's fixed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tonyunreal, Sep 8, 2010.

1. tonyunreal macrumors regular

tonyunreal

Sorry I didn't see there's already another thread about this, please delete this one.

I'm stuck at work right now, so...for those who were able to upgrade to iOS 4.1, how is your experience with Bluetooth headset(s)?

Are the next/prev buttons working properly?
    Will the volume buttons finally be controlling iPhone volume like they did on other phones?
    Can it display the name of the song current playing on your headset's LCD screen?
    Were you able to access call records and contacts properly on your headset LCD screen? If so, were you able to make a call from the contact list with your headset buttons?

P.S. In case you're wondering, I didn't make up these functions, I've got a Sony Ericsson HBH-DS980 stereo headset, and all of the above functions work on a SE phone.

2. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Yes

Been working since iOS 3.0 on the three headsets I have tried.

Have not tested this yet

Have not tested yet, do not know if my headset can do this. I am using a Sony MW600

How is that headset? Is the volume loud?

3. tonyunreal thread starter macrumors regular

tonyunreal

It comes with in-ear headphones so volume level is definitely not a problem, I usually crank it up to about 80% or so and I couldn't hear a damn thing from the outside world. The only complaint I had was the battery life, it could only last about 2.5 hour or so with the volume level I'm using.

I haven't made a call on it with my iPhone yet, but voice calling was fine on it with my previous SE w950 phone.