4.1 Jailbreak - no phone/data

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jwinter228, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jwinter228 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Installed the 4.1 jailbreak on my iPhone 3g. Everything looks good except I uhh can't use the phone part. The little red dot is next to the phone icon and there's no 3g/edge/call usage availability. It worked for a few minutes with the jailbreak. I've tried redoing the jailbreak without any luck. Reboots/restore didn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

Have you tried Reset Network Settings ?

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Are you on what network? do you have a Official Carrier SIM? Were you Jailbroken/Unlocked before you upgrade?

4. vgopal macrumors member

what did you jailbreak with? redsnow doesnt work you need to use pwnagetool.

or a premade ipsw... ;)

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

The latest beta redsn0w will jailbreak the 3G on 4.1, unlocking is another business.

6. vgopal macrumors member

yes it will jailbreak it.
    But it will break the phone side of things which is exactly what the OP is experiencing.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

May be for some, it works fine on my old 3G development phone. Phone part works with no problem, I am on at&t.

8. jwinter228 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I jailbroke it under 4.0.1? or so and it worked perfectly. However, I upgraded to 4.1 to get rid of the problems/lag experienced with the 4.0 software. I tried resetting everything but not sure if I did anything specific to the network.

I did a restore to put it back for now but is this just an isolated incident or are other people having problems? If I can figure it out I'd try again I just don't want to be wasting time...

Thanks for all the input.

9. h4mza macrumors 6502

I had exactly the same problem. I Jailbroke it and i couldn't find my Phone icon in which i make calls. The Cydia icon was blank and wouldn't refresh. I also could get Wifi or 3G to work. So i decided to erase everything and restore it to factory default settings, after it was done, i had to connect to iTunes.:(
    So anyways i did and it restored to 4.1.

Now im looking for a Jailbreak for 4.1 :rolleyes:

10. DarkCloud2015 macrumors member

DarkCloud2015

Use redsn0w 0.9.6b1 to jailbreak 4.1, but only if you don't need ultrasn0w. If you do, wait for PwnageTool.