4.1 on the 3G - better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yegon, Sep 8, 2010.

1. yegon macrumors 68020

This isn't really for my benefit as Ive got a 4, but I sold my old 3G to a mate at the launch of the 4. Curious about 4.0 prior to getting a new iPhone, I bunged it on the old 3G and it ran like a turd. My mate wasn't best pleased I updated it,so Im hoping this is a big improvement. Any early verdicts yet?

2. sloppygator2013 macrumors regular

If you took the time to read what comes in 4.1 update you would know the answer.

3. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Did read it chum, but the proof is in the pudding.

4. TBONE72 macrumors regular

I'm tired of seeing responses like this on the forum...... *sigh*

5. PKPUNCH macrumors newbie

haha you got outed! LMAO

6. xenuprime macrumors 6502

Yeah, I don't automatically believe what Apple tells me about their updates either.

I am sticking with 3.1.3 until I see plenty of feedback.

7. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Eh?

Also, what xenuprime said.

8. nick1817 macrumors member

Its definately better, to me, than 4.0 and 4.01/.02

I can't recall 3.1.3, so I can't say how it compares to that acurately

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

+1

The OP is looking for advice, not smart a** comments. If you have nothing to add, why bother?

This used to be a valuable place to come to when looking for looking for help or shared experiences, but since the influx of newbs in the last few months mostly it's just become annoying.

10. shandyman Suspended

if you'd searched, you'd have seen the thread already discussing it from the GM last week.....

11. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

*cosign*

I searched the forums as well and found this thread. I'm about to get a 3G from a friend in the coming weeks who's updating to the 4, and it's still on 3.1.3, so i'd like to go to 4.1 with some feedback on how it's performing. The official release, NOT the GM.

I couldn't agree with you more, TBONE72, thank you for that. I've been reading these forums for some two years since I've had an iPhone and have found them to be supremely helpful. I also love those who answer noobish questions I may have because I don't spend every waking moment modding and hacking my iPhone since I'm not a developer but am a working student, so I don't have all of the knowledge and skill sets to know everything about this device. Comments like those above not only is annoying and unnecessary, but they completely devalue everything that this forum is about: a place people with iPhones can come to get questions answered and share experiences with their devices. Leave the unnecessary comments that does nothing but undermine the MacForums experience to your own head, thank you very much.

12. Reddmanz macrumors regular

+1

13. bigmacrumor macrumors newbie

it is better so far, but will see response speed after a week or so, at least.

what I don't like and didn't expect was that after the update, I lost about a 1/2 GB on my iPhone 3G. also lost about the same disk space on my PC.

the whole upgrade took about an hour.

14. King Luis macrumors 6502

my update went very smoothly.

and 4.1 is noticeably faster then previous 4.0.X

15. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Yeah, no kidding!

16. boon209 macrumors member

just updated the wife 3g. So far it is responding faster than 4.0. Funny thing is that her ATT logo on the status bar still has her wife name from being previously JB.