4.1 restore issue

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZCherub, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I attempted to restore my iPhone 4 today. It was jailbroken and I wanted to restore it to factory settings. I had 4.1 firmware with the 1.59 baseband.

I restored via iTunes. Although I was NOT running TinyUmbrella at the time and did NOT restore using the 4.1 firmware, I still got a 1004 error. I ended up starting TU and kicking the device out of recovery. It now seems to be back to stock on 4.1, but I still have the 1.59 baseband. Any idea what happened there?

2. lathode macrumors member

Same thing happened to me, tried it a couple of times. Had to use TU to kick it out both times.

3. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I would guess your hosts file still forwards to the cydia IP and therefore you are not getting the stock firmware file restored when restoring. You need to undo that if you wish to restore to stock firmware. Many would kill for your iphone 4 on an unlockable baseband. Are you sure you want to do this?

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

You are on a fresh 4.1... The above post is right. Their is soemthi g wrong with your host files. It's still blocking iTunes access to it's restore servers which is y u get that error.. Theirs nothing wrong with the device

5. ZCherub thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Thanks all. I HAD to do this as I was returning the iPhone to the Apple store due to a hardware issue (the phone had to be replaced). Just got home w/ the new one.

I now have a new problem: The new device (on 4.0.2 w. 1.59 baseband) now gives me an "error 3002" when I try to restore using 4.1 firmware file saved to my PC using Shift=restore and Tiny Umbrella. My goal is to restore to 4.1 and keep the 1.59 baseband as I had before - just did this a couple days ago w/ a iP4 that was on 4.0.1... Anyone have an idea as to what the issue is now?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Don't know if it matters or not, but I was unable to restore from previous backups in iTunes as well. Said something along the line of the "software is too old, restore as new device". I did this, and now I'm concerned that all of the contacts, pics and music etc. that I have backed up might not make it to the new device....

EDIT 2: Nevermind - this is starting to look like a separate issue, so I started a thread specific to this problem. Thanks - carry on.