4.1GM on 3G performance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Moomba, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Moomba macrumors regular

Supposedly, one of the big "features" of 4.1 is that the performance issue is supposed to be fixed for iPhone 3G's. I'm curious to know what everyone's results have been.

I run 4.0 for about a month before I had enough of the BS and just downgraded back to 3.1.3. I'd actually forgotten just how responsive it was on 3.1.3. I'm hesitant now to bother "upgrading" the 3G again as I see it more akin to handicapping my phone so that it will annoy me sufficiently to where I truly need/want to get a new iPhone4.

I'm sure 4.1 is better than 4.0.x, but what I'm truly interested in is how it compares to 3.1.x.

2. celticpride678

It really does address performance issues. The device is much more responsive now.

3. nick1817 macrumors member

I'm tempted to find 4.1 and figure out how to get it on my 3g now if thats true. Gonna be a long opening football weekend if the phone is dragging ass again

4. ai-pdn macrumors newbie

I installed 4.1 GM on my 3G and the performance is fine (I did an upgrade and restored my old backup); same performance as 3.1.3. I had previously installed 4.0.1 and it was terrible.

The issue I have now is that notes syncing with mobileme is not working (it did with 4.0.1). Is anyone else seeing the same? I hope this is a regression bug and not a feature.

5. torakaru macrumors member

torakaru

So, is finally the performance of the iOS4.1GM on an iPhone 3G the same as it was with the iOS 3.1.3? :confused:

6. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

What about 3GS??? Is some minor lag in certain menus, anyone tried it?

7. Che Castro macrumors 603

is 4.1 GM the same version that will be out next week?

8. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

9. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I also upgraded my 3G to the 4.1 GM and the performance is much improved.

I'm having the same note sync issue: it does not show up in any of the setup options anymore. I can't figure it out.

10. Moomba thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, the GM is the exact same as what will be released next week. Paid Dev's have access to the GM release a week or so earlier so they can ensure compatibility ahead of the official launch.

I'm still undecided if I am going to upgrade it or not. I just got MyWi installed and running perfectly again on 3.1.3. Oh well... If it is in fact better I'm sure I'll check it out...

11. nick1817 macrumors member

Dl'ing the 4.1 gm now (I think). I'd normally be patient but my 3g is basically unusable now, I doubt I can make it worse, but who knows..