4.2.1 album art bug..kind of

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by michael31986, Nov 28, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

Ok so when I put new music on my iPod touch it has album art. The album art displays correctly on every page. Except if u lock your phone screen then press home button it won't show the album art. Only after u restart the iPod will it display the album art for the new songs u just updated on the lock screen. I think it has something to do with the iPod updating the music library.

This isn't the same bug that was happening before where wrong album art would display for different songs. Cause the album art is their. Just that on lock screen it won't display for newly synced songs till u restart. Then all the newly synced songs show the album art on the locked page.

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Yep, I can confirm this is happening to me too. Got a 4G touch over the weekend and couldn't figure out why album art for some music wasn't appearing on the lock screen until I restarted the device.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

You upgraded to 4.2.1. I'm not sure if I should restore and then everything again.

4. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

Hmm, I've restarted my iPod and it's still doing that. You mean powering it off and rebooting it, right?

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yea. Just turning it off and on. For me it only does it to anything new I put on. Old stuff that was synced before update works fine.

6. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I had a really weird one happening to my 3G running 4.2.1. It was showing the most recently added album art and applying it to all of my most recently added music. Turned it off and on, and now all is well. I didn't even notice it was happening until I saw this thread. Weird.

7. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

So I restored it and it still does it. It's obviously a bug since restarting the iPod makes the newly synced songs show album art on lock screen. It's also just on lock screen. Because album art shows perfect every other view for the newly synced songs. It's just the lock screen until u restart it.

8. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I confirm this bug on the iPhone 4. No performance issue, just a simple minor bug. I'm sure Apple will fix this on 4.2.2.

9. dgray89 macrumors newbie

iPad and iPhone 4!

I thought it was just me, I went into the apple store and called apple care and to be honest I think they thought I was high or something! I never tried the off and on, I just went straight for the restore (such a tool for not thinking of turning it off in the first place) the issue is with all devices running 4.2.1 I think as it is happening on my iPad also.

10. melpote macrumors member

melpote

I'm glad someone said something about this. I thought I was just crazy. I restarted mine just now and the new stuff I bought last night is now on the lock screen when it wasn't before. Just sucks that I have to restart my device every time I make a purchase!! At least that fixes it! :D

11. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

this still hasnt been fixed u still gotta restart the ipod to have it work.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

This was happening to me as well. I'm glad I found this thread. Restarting my iPhone 4 fixed this issue.

Mine was a little strange though. For some songs, it would just show the title of the track over my lockscreen picture (no album art). For some other songs, it would show a completely wrong album cover.......but this 'wrong' album cover was for albums that I don't even own.

For example, while playing the song Sabatoge by The Beastie Boys, it should show this album cover:
    [​IMG]

But instead, it would show this:
    IMG_2689.PNG

EDIT: I just tineyed the above image, and apparently it's a band called Winter Gloves. Er, okay.

Another example: while playing the song Shivers Down My Spine by King Khan and the Shrines, it should show this album cover:
    [​IMG]

But instead, it would show this:
    IMG_2690.PNG

EDIT: I just tineyed this image, and it is a band called Hopeful Monster and their genre of music is Gospel/Hawaiian/Psychedelic. Er, okay again.

I have no idea what those albums are. I don't have that stuff in my library.

Weird, eh?

13. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Yeah, I also met the same problem as you and I can not find anything wrong with my songs. And sometimes something gonna wrong in cover flow. So I just update to ios 4.3.3

14. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

15. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

Best fix is update to latest iOS
    Have not had a problem like this since iOS 4.3 beta around 7-8 months ago

16. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I didn't update same thing though