4.2.1 Half unlocked - No Wifi - please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iphoneidiotgirl, Jan 26, 2011.

1. iphoneidiotgirl macrumors newbie

Hi if somebody could help it would be fantastic!

Got iphone 3G 8GB the other day from US sent to UK, was unlocked with cydia and worked perfectly with my Orange sim.
    I don't know a thing about iphones, so I stupidly:

:apple:Let itunes update to 4.2.1, obviously loosing cydia and locking the phone.
    :apple: I then attempted to jailbreak and unlock with pwnage/redsnow (but when I tried cydia it was white and then sim bar just kept saying "searching")

:apple: So I then restored to factory settings and obviously lost my apps etc. I then paid to restore from backup (which again didnt work)
    :apple: I was then left with the intunes + usb sign with only option of emergency calls.
    :apple: So today I attempted to jailbreak again with redsn0w and got as far as clicking cydia (which is now the right colour) on iphone and I now cant connect to wifi...
    :apple:I do however have the option to connect to the network and able to for a second and then stops again. I have tried the wifi on/off, airplane mode on/off, resetting network settings, syncing with itunes, turning iphone on off, turning router on off and internet working fine on my laptop. This means I havent been able to unlock phone yet... [/B]

Internet and phone worked fine before I messed up with updating it to 4.2.1. I know i've been stupid with it, but can anyone help please?

2. iphoneidiotgirl thread starter macrumors newbie

quick update:

When on the wi-fi network setting my home network is there and the tick keeps automatically clicking it on and off by itself every 4 seconds

Please help oh mighty ones ;)

3. iphoneidiotgirl thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone? please...

or should I just restore to factory settings again?

4. lapocompris macrumors regular

5. iphoneidiotgirl thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your reply!

I've now got the ipad baseband... but still no wifi (I have the option to click it and type in password and I just get "failed to join")

tried resetting network settings again, no luck.

6. lapocompris macrumors regular

Make sure it's not the paraphase but the hexadecimal password. Otherwise, for testing purpose, set your wifi router security to none to see if your iphone can connect.

7. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX