4.2.1 help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bikram40948, Jan 30, 2011.

1. bikram40948 macrumors newbie

i recently updated the iphone3gs to 4.2.1 in order to resolve the 3194 error, & it successfully did. Then i tried to jailbreak it in order to unlock it by installing ipad baseband. when it restarted it got stuck at the apple logo and i tried to tether boot from redsn0w but failed. Then i tried to restore it back to 4.2.1 from itunes and countered with 1015 error. i looked up in google and found that baseband cannot be downgraded and now that i have to use custom firmware ipsw
    :(PLEASE LEAD ME FROM HERE I REALLY MESSED UPP!

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

because your 3gs has a Ipad baseband 06.15 installed. You can't restore with firmware from Apple. You need to restore it with Customs firmware.

3. bikram40948 thread starter macrumors newbie

is there a way that i can jailbreak and unlock with custom firmware?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

once your Iphone is restored with customs firmware. Jailbreak with redsn0w. However, make sure you point it to the original firmware and not customs one. Once it is jailbroken, then unlock it with Ultrasn0w 1.2.

5. bikram40948 thread starter macrumors newbie

will this be tetherd or untetherd jailbreak and is custom firmware realiable

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Tethered or untethered jailbreak is depending on the bootrom of your Iphone. If it old bootrom, then it is untethered jailbreak but if it new bootrom, then you are stucked with tethered jailbreak for now.

As for customs firmware, you can create it if you own a mac. Otherwise, you need to get it from someone who owns a mac or try to search from the net.