4.2.1 jb breaks airplay?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by farmermac, Feb 6, 2011.

1. farmermac macrumors 6502a

I recently restored my jb 4.2.1 iPhone 4 because airplay functionality just stopped working after the jb. I really like a few jb apps and am willing to try again but want to see if anyone has got airplay working fine jailbroken.

I use airplay a few hours a day everyday at work and it's the one feature I really really don't want to give up!

2. lansa macrumors member

I was wondering about that. How do I know if I have Airplay enabled? I dont have an Apple TV, am I able to play music from my phone on through a pc on the same network?

3. farmermac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure theres any utility to airplay without a appletv, airport express or airplay enabled speakers/receiver

4. azcoyote macrumors member

I upgraded my iPhone 4 from ios 4.0.1 to 4.2.1 last night and ran the new Greenp0ison jailbreak. Haven't run into any issues with Airplay. I've tried streaming internet radio from Pocket Tunes, Pandora and the SiriusXM apps to my AV stereo receiver which is hooked up to an Airport Express base station. Works great!

5. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Which version of Greenpoison eid you use?

6. azcoyote macrumors member

greenpois0n 1.0 RC5 for Windows, the new one that was released yesterday.

7. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

So I just tested things a little more. It sems airplay works with airport expresses, and it seems like it can transmit video + audio over to the Apple TV, but, at least with the Greenpois0n rc5 version 2 for the mac, it cannot transmit only audio to the Apple TV. I will try installing the third release candidate for mac tomorrow to see if it works.

8. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I'm running iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n rc5 (Mac version, second revision), although I installed Cydia via redsn0w first, and AirPlay seems to work okay for me. I don't have an Apple TV, but I do have Erica Sadun's AirPlayer app on my MacBook, and that worked okay.

9. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

I'm running Apple TV 2 and iPhone 4 [JB with GP] on Windows 7 and AirPlay works just fine.