4.2.1 push issues with gmail

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rans0m00, Mar 29, 2011.

1. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

I have had this issue ever since my first JB but it has finally got on my nerves enough to ask if their is a fix for this. I use gmail setup as exchange and I almost never receive mail from push. Is this just the norm or am I missing something? Did a search and their was a fix but unsupported now or something? Little about the phone its ip4 with 4.2.1 jb'd with pwnagetool and running on ATT. I had this problem when I used limera1n also in previous ios versions but cared less then I guess. Any help would be appreciated.

2. matthew23 macrumors regular

I've tried to find a fix for this issue too. Does push until I open gmail or reset mail. Very annoying. Any jb u have installed u think could be interfering?

3. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have not paid enough attention to the times it pushes and does not to know exactly what might be stopping or starting it again to be honest. As far goes apps being the cause I do not think so since I had the issue even when it was a fresh JB with only cydia, my contacts, and music installed. Who knows :(