4.2.1 Windows ETA?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrlogos, Feb 4, 2011.

1. mrlogos macrumors newbie

Hey all!
    I have an iphone 4 factory unlocked (canada) bought at factory 4.2.1 (no saved SHSHs) and while its awesome that the new greenpoison is out, its mac only. I only have PCs. There are rumors going around that 4.3 will be out by Feb 14.
    Does this mean that if I dont jailbreak by the time 4.3 comes out im basically screwed? are my only options to basically 1. wait for the windows version and hope it comes out before 4.3 or try to get access to a mac asap?

All of this is under the assumption that when 4.3 comes out apple will stop validating all other older versions and since ive never JBed my phone im basically screwed.

All info is appreciated!!!

2. outphase macrumors 65816

If you're worried about Apple no longer signing old versions of iOS, why don't you just save your SHSHs?

3. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Worst case buy a mac and return it after you jailbreak. Apple waived restocking fees.

4. mrlogos thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgive the ignorance but I was not aware that I can do that with a non-jailbroken iphone 4. How do I do that? thanks!

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Why do that when he could just take it to an Apple Store and do it on one of the demo Macs?

6. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Download tinyumbrella

7. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Cause he may just like the mac enougn not to return it :)

8. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Just don't update to 4.3 when it comes out. No rush. You've also detected the 'mac only club' where mac owners everywhere now have a chance to stick it to the PC owners by withholding the Windows jailbreak tools for as long as possible. Sweet.

9. mrlogos thread starter macrumors newbie

The $$$ would be the problem here lol...
    currently im running tinyumbrealla, plugged in my iphone, pressed save SHSH and after its done now it shows me
    iphone4 4.2.1 (8C148)
    iphone4 4.3b2 (8F5153d)
    iphone4 4.3b3 (8F5166b)

under the Saved SHSHs for the -so and so- iphone.

final questions:
    so this means i got the 4.2.1 blob saved. is there a way to double check and make sure? would save me some sleepless hours!

the 4.3b2/3 blobs are the developer betas and useless to me as far as jailbreaking go, yes?

Thanks again!

10. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

+1

And as long as you are in the store using a demo mac, how about jailbreaking the demo iphones you see while you are there?

11. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

+1

If your already on 4.2 then you must not be jail broken yet. Don't upgrade to 4.3. Even if you do jb you still wouldn't be able to keep the jb if you upgrade to 4.3 so...you're good

Hopefully the windows version will come out soon