4.2 attachments

Discussion in 'iPad' started by saberahul, Sep 19, 2010.

1. saberahul macrumors 68040

Need help with this as I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Before I would mail myself a PDF and be able to download in mail app and then open in good reader. Now when I email a PDF, there is no download facility. Rather it shows the PDF and it's contents as part of the mail and there is no open in button to be found. Any advice?
    Also, the download button appears for other files such as ppt and doc but ppt (all of them) fail to download. They just show 0B completed and then quits the mail app. Have tried with all different types of files.

2. lozpop macrumors 6502

Maybe because GoodReader is not yet compatible with iOS 4 on the iPad.
    Does Mail shows at least the "Open in iBooks" button for the PDF?

3. redman042 macrumors 68020

This is a known issue with OS 3.2 and one-page PDFs attached to email messages. For some odd reason, the OS treats a single-page PDF as an image instead of a document. Are you running 3.2 and asking if 4.2 fixes the problem? Or are you running 4.2 and still seeing the problem?

I'm running 3.2 and have this problem. The only work-arounds I know of are: (1) Use webmail in Safari to access my Exchange mailbox, go to the message, copy the link of the attachment, open Goodreader, then use the URL function to download the attachment directly; or (2) Tell everyone to make their PDFs two pages or more before they email them to me.

Does anyone with 4.2 beta see if this is fixed?

4. saberahul thread starter macrumors 68040

Well in 3.2 I never had this issue. I would always see the "Open in" button whenever any compatible attachment was included in the email. Now I don't even see the Open In button at all for PDF's. It works for everything else.
    The Open in iBooks is also not there as there is no "Open In" at all for any pdf attachment.