4.2 on iPhone allows you to set separate text tones to contacts...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HXGuy, Sep 15, 2010.

1. HXGuy macrumors 68000

2. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

Awesome! Slowly but surely Apple is adding features that certain people have demanded forever. I have no need for this feature, but it's cool to see it added.

Next thing you know they will be adding support for custom SMS tones (maybe the reason they removed ringtones from the iTunes store?).

Great to see Apple responding and adding new features (even if they are quite a bit late on this particular one).

3. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

What are the chances of Apple adding the ability to add custom SMS tones in 4.2?

4. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

As I said above, considering they removed the option to create ringtones on the iTunes store, they might be getting ready to roll out some new features regarding ringtones, and that might mean custom SMS tones. We won't really know for sure unless someone finds a way to add a custom SMS tone (through an obviously official method), but there is definitely no way to do it using the current version of iTunes.

5. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Oh sorry, your post didn't show up when I opened this thread the first time. I hope you're right though, CSMS would be sweet.

6. Satanic Goat macrumors regular

Satanic Goat

Fingers crossed, thats the only major thing the iPhone lacks for me, (aside from not being able to swap batteries)

7. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

8. err404 macrumors 68020

To be frank, while this is a very important feature for some, by and large few people care. Apple has done a pretty good job of prioritizing new features based on the demands of the masses.
    I'm glad they are adding it, only because it's removing one more talking point from the haters.

With the easily removable back plate on the iPhone 4, I'm hoping that a third party plate can be made to address this need.