4.2 upgrade issue with Cox Internet Service Provider

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elgrecomac, Nov 23, 2010.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I attempted to upgrade my wife's iphone to 4.2 and it failed several times. My ISP is Cox network in San Diego.

First I tried it on her PC running xp and got an 1013 error.
    Then I tried it on my Mac running OSX 10.6.5 and got the same error.

So I decided to try it with my work computer (running xp) BUT I VPN'd in the corporate network and ...guess what? It worked without a hitch.

So what gives with Cox communications and what is the work around?

Thanks all.

2. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I was experiencing major issues too. The download was SO slow! It was killing me. The download took over 4 hours.

3. jtara macrumors 65816

No problems here, other than a popup saying that my MobileMe password was incorrect. But I'm able to access my MobileMe account subsequently. There was a reported issue with MobileMe, presumably because of all the new sign-ups.

I'm surprised there was any issue with Cox. I also have Cox in San Diego. They've been increasing their speeds way beyond what they advertise.

I have the Premier service, which is advertised as 30 mbit/sec. But they're currently bonding 3 channels for those with Docsis 3.0 modems (up from 2 when they started supporting Docsis 3.0). That's theoretically 90 mbit/sec, and I consistently measure 70+ mbit/sec to one of the "speed test" sites.

Download took a couple minutes.