4.2 upgrade issue with Cox Internet Service Provider

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elgrecomac, Nov 23, 2010.

  1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

    elgrecomac

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    Location:
    San Diego
    #1
    I attempted to upgrade my wife's iphone to 4.2 and it failed several times. My ISP is Cox network in San Diego.

    First I tried it on her PC running xp and got an 1013 error.
    Then I tried it on my Mac running OSX 10.6.5 and got the same error.

    So I decided to try it with my work computer (running xp) BUT I VPN'd in the corporate network and ...guess what? It worked without a hitch.


    So what gives with Cox communications and what is the work around?

    Thanks all.
     
  2. gigemzach macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2009
    Location:
    San Antonio, Texas
    #2
    I was experiencing major issues too. The download was SO slow! It was killing me. The download took over 4 hours.
     
  3. jtara macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2009
    #3
    No problems here, other than a popup saying that my MobileMe password was incorrect. But I'm able to access my MobileMe account subsequently. There was a reported issue with MobileMe, presumably because of all the new sign-ups.

    I'm surprised there was any issue with Cox. I also have Cox in San Diego. They've been increasing their speeds way beyond what they advertise.

    I have the Premier service, which is advertised as 30 mbit/sec. But they're currently bonding 3 channels for those with Docsis 3.0 modems (up from 2 when they started supporting Docsis 3.0). That's theoretically 90 mbit/sec, and I consistently measure 70+ mbit/sec to one of the "speed test" sites.

    Download took a couple minutes.
     

Share This Page