4/20 National Weed Day

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Pink∆Floyd, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

2. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Going around the seedier parts of town, stealing the backpacks and picking pockets of the pot heads that are celebrating and too stoned to notice.

I make a mint every year.

3. Pink∆Floyd thread starter macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Sacré bleu!

Well, since its 4/20 I think I'll smoke weed... seems like a good plan. Hash maybe?

5. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You should join them. It might do you some good.

As for me, it'll be a normal day. I've celebrated in years past, but I'm gettin' old now...

6. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Had my second interview with the company that wants to hire me today.

Needless to say, I will not be partaking. It's been over 4 years now.

Obama. please legalize.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Well, I do have a lot of weeds in my yard from over the winter. So, I guess I’ll start some weeding. What better day than National Weed Day! I need to mow too.

8. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Haha, well tomorrow will be pretty much an ordinary day for me. I have a midterm and a lab class tomorrow and I can't be high for those so I can't smoke until tomorrow evening. This 4/20 is kind of going to suck. Last year I went to class high all day. Not this year unfortunately. :( Everyone else, have a happy 4/20. :D

9. Pink∆Floyd thread starter macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

I see what you did thar!

But seriously, give it a go man! Relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10. MrMac'n'Cheese macrumors 6502a

MrMac'n'Cheese

I'm doing my mom a favor and picking up all the scatter weed in the backyard.

#springcleaning

11. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Not partaking. I'm in favour of legalizing it because the money we spend on policing and attempting to get rid of it is money we could be using to give needed funding boosts to our health system. I'm not partaking though. Not my thing.

12. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

You do know that even if it gets legalized, you would probably not be allowed to partake at work, or even be under the influence of it when you go to work. Think about how alcohol is policed at work. It's about productivity levels and professionalism.

Now, as for my opinion on this...It blows. I don't do the stuff, but it would be nice to not worry bout repercussions if I feel like doing it.

13. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

No kidding man. The government spends over $41 billion a year in the war on personal liberties war on drugs.

http://www.cato.org/pressroom.php?display=news&id=189

14. Pink∆Floyd thread starter macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

15. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

A brownie that makes you wanna eat more brownies...IF weed gets legalized, bakeries will become billion dollar industries...

16. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

i want some brownies! maybe i'll make some tomorrow

17. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Wow. I don't know how much our government spends, but I know they've been creating some really, really bogus ad campaigns and the only real policy of the ruling Conservative Party is that they will "get tough on drug crime", which likely means dumping untold amounts of money onto police departments around Canada. Why? What's the bloody point? There are things a lot worse than marihuana. Why not put money into our healthcare system and do something valuable? Hire doctors. Build hospitals. Give breaks on higher education. There are a LOT of things more valuable than pot prevention.

18. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Laugh at all the idiots who will never be contributing members of society.

19. ender land macrumors 6502a

I'll probably wake up, work on a project all day, go to class, continue to work on a project (maybe at a coffee shop) then hang out with a friend and do homework together, and play some foosball.

20. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Since when are smoking weed and contributing to society mutually exclusive? There are people who have contributed much more to society than you ever will that also happened to smoke marijuana. Then again, I'm not the kind of person who believes every bit of propaganda that gets shoved down my throat. :rolleyes:

21. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Just got my medical marijuana card here in southern Cal, so I plan of hitting up a couple dispensaries to see what sort of deals and special promotions they are offering. Should be fun. I was really pissed that Cali voted down the legalization of pot in the last election, but getting a medical recommendation was pretty easy. It's such a joke tho, but if that's the game they want to play, I guess it's what ya gotta do.

22. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Seriously?

Thats has to be one of the most misguided generalisations I have seen — even by MacRumors standards.

What next? Reds under the bed.

23. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Heh. Some of the most intelligent, creative and and successful people I know smoke weed. They just aren't your stereotypical stoner so you'd never guess unless you got to know them. Though I imagine they would have little interest acquainting themselves with anyone who is such a generalizing bore.

But whatever makes you feel superior, Looon. I sure hope you enjoy that narrow-minded view.

24. -SD- macrumors 6502

Bubblegum and a lovely bit of Lemon.

:apple:

25. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Good thing I left out the part about feeling up their girlfriends then... Anyway, I wonder what I'll buy with the money this year. Last year I managed to pay for my MacBook Air this way... :eek:

The thing about smoking weed is to know when and where to do it. ;)

There's 2 types of smoker. The pot head, and the average successful person that likes to just relax. One thing I've noticed, and the people that Looon refers to (the potheads), they'll come into work with their eyes blazing red, stoned out of their minds and usually be the less productive of the bunch, have attitude problems and generally not care about the quality of what they do, thinking only of the next puff.

The successful guy treats like a beer or drink after work, and does it in moderation making sure to never get into a situation where he's stoned when he needs his entire mental capacity. Those are the guys you refer iBlue.

Having dealt with both, I can safely say you're both right yet both misguided and feeling superior. Neither of you are.