4.2b3 shsh blob?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by anthdci, Nov 7, 2010.

1. anthdci macrumors 6502

I have just opened cydia to find that it says it hassaved the 4.2b3 shsh blob. I did a quick google to find this my girlfriends 3GS doesn't have this saved. But does have them all going back to 3.1.2. That site seems to think you will need that blob saved to give an untethered 4.2 jailbreak, does it mean either that or 4.1 will do? Does anyone else have this saved or heard anything else about it? There is no mention on the tinyumbrella site, so we cant request it and save it locally.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Saving beta blobs isn't really worth it. The betas aren't always very stable and they expire. As for jailbreaking, I don't think having a beta blob will help.

4. anthdci thread starter macrumors 6502

I was just wondering what the point was. If having the 4.1 shsh blob means you can untether 4.2, and 4.1 is obviously still being signed, why is saurik getting cydia to request 4.2b3... seems like a pointless exercise, I was under the same impression as intell, that saving beta blobs was a waste of time.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

7. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

I have an iP4 and mine says its saved 4.2b3 too.

I wonder what's so special about this and why Saurik would be saving them?

8. alpineflip macrumors newbie

Tinyumbrella was updated with 4.2b3 support so it most mean something might as well download it and save it locally as well mine wasn't showing in cydia but it does now after using umbrella

9. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yeah, Cydia started to save this blobs in preparation for a 4.2 untethered Jailbreak, base on the irc, it seen like the GM close a hole that it could be easily be use to untethered the Jailbreak that is actually still present on bet3, this will allow to Jailbreak Beta3 and them "upgrade" to final without losing the JB, However work is not even close to be done, and no reports of what is the status of Cydia on 4.2 so at this points all this is just a lot of "talks - talks".

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

My 4.2b3 shsh was showing on Cydia, but I went ahead and grabbed the latest TU and cached them locally as well. What the heck :)