4.2GMb.. Worth updating??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Pinger, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Pinger, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

Pinger macrumors regular

Was there any other additions to iOS4.2GMb other then the wifi repair?? Using iOS4.2GM now with no problems and wondering if there would be any advantage to updating to 4.2GMb??

2. celticpride678

It's doesn't seem like there were any new features, just bug fixes. It's worth updating since you'd be on the latest and greatest.

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

well i had the wifi issues so i had no choice def couldnt live with no internet on an internet device.

4. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

You're going to get the final update in a few days anyway, so..... doesn't really seem like it matters.

5. lozpop macrumors 6502

It seems that the WiFi fix is the only reason for the GMb.

6. miamijim macrumors 6502

Just updated to iOS 4.2 GM2

Wow, now this really is the machine I dreamt of.

Folders are fantastic and multitasking is just great, took me about 2 mins to get comfortable with it, now it seems like the machine it was always meant to be.

No other tablet is gonna come close to this for years maybe even ever...

Smooth, sleek I just love it now more than I did 30 minutes ago.

7. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

It's worth upgrading only if you have Wifi problems

8. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

It is worth updating, no matter what! Having multitasking, folders, AirPrint and unified Inbox is worth it.

9. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

The question is whether to upgrade from GM to GMb.

I'm fine with the first GM; sticking with it till release. Might do a manual upgrade if itunes doesn't push it automatically.

10. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

.....you do realize what "GM" means right? Seems like most on these forums don't get it. GM is the official release. I know this wifi issue threw it off a bit, but generally there is only 1 GM, and that is the same thing the public gets when released. Did Apple create a second build to fix wifi? Yes. Will this be the same official build released end of the month? Yes. Apple will always release the GM to devs before public. Same release though. You can do what you want, but I don't see a point in waiting for a public release of the same thing

11. iWannaBeAdored macrumors 6502

iWannaBeAdored

12. guywoodman7 macrumors member

I upgraded just for the sake of being on the latest, and I realized that with the first GM, my battery was dropping FAST. I didn't really realize it until I installed GM2. Also, I wasn't having any issues with wifi on GM1.

I know there were a couple of threads concerning this, and I didn't realize I was affected until after installing GM2.

Granted I've been using my iPad lightly the past 24 hours, but in that time, I'm only down to 98% battery. I'm glad I did the update.