4.3.0 JB only for ipad 2 please post your success and fail rate

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jvmxtra, Jul 2, 2011.

1. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Please report how 4.3.0 JB (beta) for ipad 2 which was released is going today.

Please anybody with any other firmware, do not post here.

1)is it stable?
    2)is some application working vs others?

2. kalex macrumors 65816

3. tehreflex macrumors 6502

4. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

um I'm on 4.3.0 and not jailbroken. got up too late :mad:

5. dylanursula macrumors 6502

JB no issues but honestly am really underwealmed by it compared to my iphone4. Honestly cannot see myself keeping it come ios5.

6. Meanee macrumors 6502a

WiFi 32gb version. Jailbreak worked great, but Safari crashes on start. Using Atomic for now.

7. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

Anyone have working link to he PDF? All seem taken down

8. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

even if u had the file, it won't work - 403 error :mad:

9. kalex macrumors 65816

as u launch safari quickly hit stop loading or press the window button and close the window that loads the pdf file. Its by design. Ipad will refresh the last page opened. so it tried to load pdf file again which causes safari to crap out. its a vicious circle :)

10. tehreflex macrumors 6502

Saurik put a stop to allowing files to download so we get to wait again. Probably another week I'm sure.

11. padawanjp macrumors newbie

I had a successful jailbreak when i was in 4.3. However i found some bugs like you can't save vpn settings. And also the wifi settings page were a bit messed up. It wouldnt allow me to forget my network it was stuck. If anybody had jbroken theirs pls confirm.

Anyway i decided to restore to 4.3.3 and wait for the official release.

12. rirawin macrumors regular

Umm I haven't experienced any issues like VPN, Wifi or Safari. I have Cydia and also Retinapad.

13. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I had no luck on 4.3.0 on either the ATT or Verizon 32g.
    However I did have a successful jb on 4.3.3 on the Verizon 64g ipad2.

14. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I havent had any issues regarding Safari, so thats a bonus on my end.

The only other thing ive noticed is that the camera connection kit is no longer recognized by the os. When inserted it would normally displsy the photos app with the camera tab, and now... Nothing. Doesnt work with ifile either.

Since I jailbroke, Logmein no longer remembers my information, so I have to type it in each time I use it - which is fine, that doesnt bother me. ( i dont have any user name and passwords saved on the ipad or even my imac for websites. I always type in my credentials.

Retinapad works amazing

Sbsettings works for the most part but the wifi toggle does not.

Fullforce works (obviously not all apps are supported but it works).

Fakeclockup works.

Backgrounder works nicely esp with Multiflow.

Ive had no issues with Cydia either.

I cant comment on Installous as i dont believe in stealing apps. Honestly, apps are pretty frigging affordable. I just spent $11 on 10 apps that would have costed me over $73! Gotta love holiday sales! Appshopper is wonderful for finding discounted apps!

Other than that I havent noticed much else. It is a bummer that the SD card adaptorpper (and USB) no longer operate. Once the offical Jailbreak comes out, I will restore and rejailbreak in hopes this error has been corrected.

By no means am I complaining. Comex did a wonderful job, even if this was a beta jailbreak. I for one, would definitely pay for future Jailbreaks. I value his hard work and dedication, and he is the man!!

15. bruinsrme, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

yes he did.

thank you for listing some of your findings.

One thing I did find is, stereo leopard theme, the background doesn't rotate into landscape

16. rirawin macrumors regular

Ahh yes Mr.Reader asks me to entr my password everytime and blogsy , other than that it works.

17. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

I havent installed any type of theming addon. Not just yet. ;)

And your welcome for posting.

18. rituraj macrumors newbie

I jail broke my ipad yesterday evening. It's a 16 gb wifi only iPad 2.

Cydia installed perfectly fine so did installous.
    Was able to install another 12 softwares without any issues.

But as you said wifi page settings have messed up.when I try to connect wifi network though I am able to connect to a network it won't show me any ip or router address. On my friends network I am unable to surf at all.

The problem is I am unable ot restore as the moment I connected pc it took a backup of the current system and I was not sure how to stop it as I had started using iOS since few weeks only. Could you please advice what should I do to get the back to normalcy.

19. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

iOS restoration is done through iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. Once you plug in your iPad, iTunes should recognize it and open. You will then be prompted to Update or Restore. Select Restore and let iTunes work its magic. It will download the LATEST firmware and install it.

20. rituraj macrumors newbie

What if I want to stay on 4.3 and do not want to go on 4.3.3 ? Is it possible?

21. TC25 macrumors 68020

Yes, it's possible. Google Tinyumbrella.

22. padawanjp macrumors newbie

Im glad i wasnt only on the same boat. I have the exact problem with wifi even if i reset network settings. Did u try setting up vpn? I couldnt save the configuration no matter what i tried. I use vpn for installous as its is block here in my location. Thats why i decided to jump to 4.3.3. Although i tried saving my 4.3 blobs thru TU. it only saved 4.3.3 and 5.01b.

23. padawanjp macrumors newbie

Ive read somwhere thats not possible since apple stopped signing 4.3 blobs. Thats what happend to me. I had 4.3. I used tiny umbrella and when i clicked save shsh. I only got 4.3.3 and 5.01b. Theres an alternative called ifaith which can save blobs unsigned by apple but doesnt work with ipad 2

24. WyldRyce macrumors member

Jailbreak works perfectly fine for me. All the Cydia apps I wanted works great too.

25. lakerchick4life macrumors 6502a

Lucky :(