4.3.1 and Lag

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by three, Apr 5, 2011.

1. three macrumors 6502a

three

Hello everyone. I have a 16GB original iPad and ever since 4.3, I have had some issues with lag. Normally when the home button is pressed the iPad instantly goes back to the home screen, now when the button is pressed it takes about 3 seconds and the animation is really laggy. The update to 4.3.1 didn't fix this issue as well. I haven't tried doing a fresh restore of the device yet but that will be my next step. My question is: is it just me experiencing this issue? If not, what have you done to fix this problem?*

Thanks in advance.

2. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

I haven't noticed the issues with my iPad2 or my iPhone4 but there IS a lag on my husbands 3GS ever since he upgraded to the 4.3.1. We've tried restoring and it didn't solve it. He's sticking it out for a couple months and then upgrading.

3. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

Which is exactly what apple wants you to do. :)

4. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

:D He would have anyway. We are long time apple fans. :eek:

5. HiDEF macrumors 68000

HiDEF

I too have noticed lag on my iPhone 4. I have my phone jail broken but I don't believe that's the issue because previous versions weren't laggy.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Mine was smooth as butter before the jailbreak to 4.3.1. Now it stutters every once in a while.

7. three thread starter macrumors 6502a

three

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was jailbroken on 4.2.1 and I updated to 4.3 and restored using the jailbroken backup. I will do a clean restore and I will report back.