4.3.1 broke iPhone 4 (not jailbroken) and now stuck trying to restore

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jeejeebu, Apr 4, 2011.

1. jeejeebu macrumors regular

I was trying to update my not-jailbroken iPhone 4 to 4.3.1 and it didn't work. I got an error message and the phone had the connect to iTunes message. I tried to restore and there was another failure. I tried to restore again and now it seems to just be frozen. I don't want to disconnect or force quit iTunes for fear of doing more harm, but what should I do? The progress bar has been frozen in the same spot for 15 minutes now.

2. nathanschafer macrumors member

Having exactly the same problem. Itunes error 1013??

I am taking it into apple on thursday....

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I had the except same issue, except same iPhone model, exact same software version - I had to use another computer and put my phone into DFU mode just to be able to update, otherwise error 1013 would keep popping up.

4. pigglett macrumors newbie

5. longdogs macrumors regular

Error 1013 means that your hosts file as been messed with (possibly by tiny umbrella). You'll need to edit it to remove references to gs.apple.com . Search and you'll find instructions on how to do that.

6. xyfish macrumors member

its the same for me, with error 1013. I got over by downloading a new copy of itunes on another pc & restoring there..