4.3.1 JB - SBsettings crash?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Thrillofit, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Thrillofit macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I just upgraded to 4.3.1. All was sucéss but until...

I was makeing new Icons for SBsettings, it didnt notice that 'More' Was crashed. but when i was trying to press it ( too change, remove some apps that i didnt needed at sbsettings) the sbsetting just closed. like it died. so i did it again. same thing over over and over. so i reinstalled. nothing...

What i have to do?

2. rsaffi macrumors newbie

3. Thrillofit thread starter macrumors newbie

4. LMD75 macrumors 6502

Getting same thing. I think it crashes when it cannot display an advert. Still looking into this.

5. mrlowkey macrumors member

Greetings from the tiny island of Singapore...long time lurker..1st time member here at your awesome forum...

In another thread..LMD75 is correct in his observation abt the banner display being active...my sbsettings kept crashing like you all have been experiencing...i went 1 step further and put my unit in airplane mode ( no wifi no 3g) in order to prevent the ad banner trying to connect to the internet...it worked..

I could now click on "more" and do whatever changes I needed...no more crashing...followed by the std respring..After the respring the changes were made

...then I turned OFF airplane mode and went into sbsettings again ..and it crashed again...which could mean that the ad banner thingy was unable to connect to its server which automatically shutdown sbsettings.

Hope this methods works for you

6. BoBBBBBBBO macrumors newbie

Chech if you have any SBSettings toggles installed. I've had the SpringFlash toggle and when I clicked more, it crashed immediately, so I removed the SpringFlash toggle and everything is OK now.

7. LMD75 macrumors 6502

Uninstalled RemoveBG, VPN and Springflash toggles, rebooted and it made no difference in my case. Thanks anyway.

8. rsaffi macrumors newbie

mrlowkey solution did work as a workaround. All we can do now is wait for an update that'll solve this for good!

9. mikejfrd macrumors regular

Mine kept on crashing too and I think mine was caused by my MiWi trial ap. As soon as i removed MiWi, sbsettings started working flawlessly. Not really sure why or if it was just a fluke, but it may be worth a try to see if thats causing the issue.