4.3.1 ssh?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jack66, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jack66 macrumors member

i'm currently on 4.1 and i'm thinking about upgrading to 4.3.1 using redsn0w. On cydia, i have 4.0-4.2b3 saved but no 4.3.1. Is there something wrong with my cydia? if i use redsn0w, will my old baseband be preserved? thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing wrong with Cydia, it just doesnt display the blobs as fast.
    I'd run tinyumbrella to make sure you 4.3.1 blobs are there.
    And you can maintain your baseband with pwnage tool, redsnow doesnt do that. Also what bb version are you on? if its on stock 4.1 then theres no point in trying to preserve a bb that cannot be unlocked.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Cydia takes time saving SHSH. If you want them right away, use Tinyumbrella. Tinyumbrella will also update Cydia.

And, Redsnow does not save you baseband. To do that, restore using a custom firmware file (one that keeps your baseband).

4. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Forgive my ignorance, but if you are running 4.1, how would Cydia or TU have a blob for a firmware you haven't installed yet?

Wouldn't it only have the latest that is on your phone?

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

No, once you make the request to save the SHSH, the cydia server continues to save them automatically. To use them, you either edit the host file or use TU to d/l the files to your computer.

6. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

People really need to learn the difference between SSH and SHSH. They are WORLDS APART.