4.3.1 update (error message)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by legoman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. legoman, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

legoman macrumors newbie

Itunes tells me 4.3.1 update available for ipad. on connection every time error message tells me after extracting software that backup connection is unable to start back up as connection can not be made. Have tried restarting both machines. I this an apple problem or have my setting changed since last time it synchronised ok. some one help please

2. RooneyCS macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem... it's been three days now. What was your resolution?:confused:

3. BlondeLocks macrumors member

I'm having this problem too, just got my Ipad 2 on Friday. Any solution. It's get to the end then error message something about timed out?

4. legoman thread starter macrumors newbie

resolution

Sorry been away just read the message... I was not turning the machine completely off. So once held switch on top of the padd for ten secs and push slide to turn off the machine was able to complete the back up once turned back on. So simple yet I was under the impression I had turned the machine offa nd had not......

5. MagicFrog macrumors newbie

I got the same problem with my ipad2 few days ago
    I ended up want to apple store
    apple genius used the clean install macbook with a clean itune to update the firmware to 4.3.1
    what their suggestion is to follow the instruction of removing the itune first,
    and then reinstall the itune

6. BlondeLocks macrumors member

so are you saying removing itunes from my PC and then re-installing it? I'm new to this, sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.