4.3.2 & bb 01.59.00

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Apr 20, 2011.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

what steps should i take to jb while keeping by precious bb on 01.59.00? i dont care to unlock since im a st&t customer, but want to keep my unlockability for resale.

my iphone4 is currently jb on 4.1 and have shsh saved via cydia and tu.

2. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

Take a look at tinyumbrella. That lets you update without upgrading your current baseband. You can upgrade to 4.3.2 using a custom firmware and tiny umbrella should prevent the bb upgrade.

3. dr bishop macrumors member

snowbreeze 2.6 :cool: with ultrasn0w fixer for ios 4.3.2

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can use either TU or custom firmware. The only reason to use both is if you're upgrading to something lower than what apple is offering now.

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

To clarify, you don't NEED tiny umbrella if you are using a custom firmware, because the custom firmware already has the baseband update patched out.

PwnageTool or Tiny, pick one, not both if going to 4.3.2.

6. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Where is said "custom firmware" located? Is it just the link on iClarified and other tutorial sites?

Does this mean that all that is required is the "Shift+Update" command when updating to 4.3.2 now?

Thanks.

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What exactly does ultrasn0w fixer do?

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Wow, you really don't read these forums, do you? Damn, talk about lazy. :rolleyes:
    The custom firmware is located on your computer, because you create it.

9. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

I'm lazy, and you're inflammatory for no particular reason... And actually, no, I haven't read these forums in a while. I browsed a few tutorials on iClarified as I stated, but I haven't done a JB since 4.1 and was trying to catch up. Thanks for being so cool about it...

10. mikeheenan macrumors 6502

Be aware that the ultrasn0w fixer has issues with MMS apparently as brought to my attention by another member in my thread. Im on ATT and jb, and only had 1 bar with no service, so I installed the ultrasn0w fixer, and the data now works but no MMS sadly.

11. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

I'm JB on 4.3.1 w/01.59 and I noticed the 1 bar issue seems to be purely aesthetic, at least in my case. My reception seems to be consistent as when I was on 4.2.1, it just constantly displays 1 bar of service now. Hopefully a fix does come out.

12. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Custom firmware has been around as long as pwnage has been around (likely longer), so why don't you know about this if you've been JBing a while?
    Before you start posting, maybe you should do more reading so you know what people are talking about. It takes only a few weeks to get back up to speed.
    If you look around, you should look for the definition guide by maturola (?).

13. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Probably because I haven't really been JBing a while... My JB experience has been limited to using Jailbreakme.com and GreenPois0n (iP4 was my first Apple device except for a couple older iPods), so I haven't had to dig into it.

But don't you worry, since this is evidently an entirely inappropriate venue for these kinds of questions, I'll read up on it so as not to further inconvenience you. Again, thanks for being such a class act about the whole thing (and with less sarcasm, I'll offer a sincere thank you for pointing me [sort of, if you count "look around" as pointing me] toward the definition guide).