4.3.2 Update still does not fix Safari YouTube link bug

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xraytech, Apr 15, 2011.

1. xraytech, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011

xraytech macrumors 68020

I was hoping that this bug would be fixed with iOS 4.3.2

Click the link in Safari then switch back to Safari and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8Ix4E2NtY&sns=em

And yes, I do know that using another browser will get me around this issue.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Apple didn't say it was going to, this was not a bug fix update. This update was meant for 3 things and Apple told you as you agreed to the update:

- Fixes an issue that occasionally caused blank or frozen video during a FaceTime call
    - Fixes an issue that prevented some international users from connecting to 3G networks on iPad Wi-Fi + 3G
    - Contains the latest security updates

3. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Any idea when?

4. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Bummer! I hope the YouTube app gets updated 1 day. I want to tweet and embed video to blogger from it.

I still got 4.3 on my iPad 2 and it's gonna stay that way till I see a solid update. C'mon :apple:

5. Force332 macrumors member

This bug is super annoying to have to deal with since this happens to me at least a few times a day. Hopefully the fix comes sooner rather than later!

6. ccsicecoke macrumors regular

Go to "Settings -> General -> Restrictions", turn on Restrictions then switch off Youtube

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Thanks!

8. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

No need to yell!!! XD

WooHoo!!!

It works!!!

Thanks =)

9. moomog macrumors member

What bug? I followed the thread and everything seemed ok.

10. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Well hang on, does this completely disable the YouTube app? Which I don't want to do.

11. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Same. I'm not understand what is supposed to happen.

Clicked the link, YouTube opened, video played. Double clicked home button back to safari and all was normal.

12. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

Funnily enough, yes, this one behaves correctly for me. Not all do, and I can't yet see a common feature.

In fact, I was about to link to the 'iPad joke' thread which caused the problem for me... only to find that it isn't reproducing for me today. W, if I may be so bold, TF?

13. xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Interesting

What iOS are you running?

14. xraytech, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

xraytech thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah, I was thinking that too, but here's the odd thing.

I went back to Settings > General > Restrictions > Turned YouTube back on, then clicked the above link then navigated back to Safari and everything was fine. Safari loaded up normally.

15. xraytech, Apr 16, 2011

Let me explain

Every time I tap a YouTube link, my iPad would open a blank Safari page then kick out and open the YouTube app and play the video. I navigate back to Safari and all I see is a black page. I point Safari to a specific site and it would still load a blank page. To temporarily fix the issue, I terminate Safari then relaunch Safari, then everything is fine until I open another YouTube link.

But since going into settings and Turning YouTube off then on, the issue has resolved. It's a very odd bug that seems to happen to a few users.

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm running 4.3 on an iPad 2 and have viewed a number of You Tube videos by clicking on links and then going back to Safari and have never had this problem.

17. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

The very latest.

That never happened to me.

18. mysterygirl macrumors regular

I have the exact same issue as the OP. Many have experienced it and there's another thread on here about it (thread was started just after iPad 2 release with many/most reporting the same problem). I'm traveling and so haven't updated to 4.3.2 yet so I have no idea if that will solve the problem. But it's annoying!

19. xraytech, Apr 16, 2011

Apparently the issue is resolved if you turn the YouTube App restriction OFF then ON.

Update:

Interesting, now the bug is back again.

20. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I just want to add that in Google when I do a search (say: blu-ray mac), then Click (MORE - YOUTUBE), I get "invalid username" now. It used to work fine and pull up videos. Dunno :confused: