4.3.3/1.59.00 Jailbreak and Unlock Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Silenc3, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Silenc3 macrumors newbie

Hi all.

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I tried looking but I couldn't find any answers.

So I restored (Windows) an iphone 4 with 4.3.3 with 1.59.00 baseband with a custom firmware (downloaded) and it went well with ultrasn0w and all but it seems I cant get internet to work (I have Tmobile data plan) as well as having my "cellular data network" tab missing in my settings.

So now I want to create my own custom firmware to see if that'll fix the problems. I went ahead and created a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze using the "baseband preservation mode" and restored with that but it seems my phone is not jailbroken afterward. I'm afraid to use the expert/simple mode because all the tutorials Ive read said that using that will update my baseband?

So just to be safe. I'm planning on restoring my phone with sn0wbreeze "baseband preservation mode" custom firmware i created to have my phone restored and baseband preserved. Then jailbreak it using redsn0w and pointing it to the same custom firmware and then installing ultrasn0w to unlock. Would this method work?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

3. Silenc3 thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks for the reply. i have it sorted out. i just restored using sn0wbreeze expert option and apparently it preserves the baseband as well.

Now i have the same problem though. Internet does not work with tmobile.

I have tried all different settings in the APN. I have tried, internet2.voicestream.com, wap.voicestream.com as well as epc.tmobile.com

i have the unlimited data plan and it works perfect with my android. I have set up like 3 other iphones before to be used with tmobile and they all worked fine.

Any ideas to get the internet to work guys? Im so stumped.

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Sim?

Did you check your provider matches your sim in settings/general/info

for 4.3.3 it should read providers name with 10.0

ejecting and reinserting sim sometimes fixes problem

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you have 3G turned off in the settings and try a bunch of different APN settings. Not all will work in different parts of the country.
    The custom IPSW has nothing to do with that, its just a matter of getting the carrier data settings correct.

6. Silenc3 thread starter macrumors newbie

okay thanks for the replies guys.

i managed to get it to work by ejecting the sim and placing it back in as suggested.

i tried various ways to test the stability of the connection. toggled airplane mode and it works. toggled cellular data network and it works. toggled wifi and it works.

only time it does not work is when i reboot the phone. When i reboot, I need to eject the sim and placing it back in for it to work. Is this a common problem with 1.59.00 baseband? i've used 4.10.01 before and it never had such problem.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It might be an issue with ultrasnow and 01.59.00
    Im on AT&T and on the same BB and ultrasnow after I reboot I need to do the same sim eject and back in so I can get my MMS and visual voicemail to work.

8. Silenc3 thread starter macrumors newbie

ah that certainly sucks. everything is pretty stable as long as i dont restart it though.

im going to try using my gevey ultra along with furiousmod and uninstall ultrasn0w and see if that will make it more stable.

ill keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the replies, theyve been a great help!