4.3.3 Jailbroken deleting stuff?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddl42486, Jul 26, 2011.

1. ddl42486 macrumors newbie

hey, I'm jailbroken on 4.3.3 IP4 and just last week just from swiping to unlock my phone all my contacts were erased. luckily i have them all backed up to yahoo. and just today all my apps deleted on my phone after swiping to unlock. WTH is going on??

all i really have on my phone is sbsettings and quick dismiss no themes at all either.

anyone know why this is happening??

ill probably just do a restore, but its always a hassle putting everything back on the phone.

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

...and you wonder why Apple doesn't condone jailbreaking...

3. wvphysics macrumors regular

Given the issues and security concerns that can arise when you jailbreak, restoring is probably best. Then before rejailbreaking id check out any non-appstore apps that you have to see if anyone has reported any issues or security threats associated with them. Vigilance is the price to pay for jailbreaking, worth it to some, and not to others.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

did you intall the PDF patch from cydia?

you obviously downloaded something thats doing this the jailbreak alone will do no harm its what you install afterwards

5. ddl42486 thread starter macrumors newbie

i do have the pdf patch installed.
    just noticed that in the iphone memory status bar in itunes, the OTHERS section jumped up to about 5.9GB which is about the same number the APPS tab used to be.

is it possible it got moved there, and how could i get it back out?

thanks

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Are you sure that you're not in safe mode? If you are, it will say "it safe mode" on the status bar instead of the time.

When in safe mode, you lose access to apps that came from jailbreaking.