4.3.3 was JUST released; Is Apple still signing 4.3.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Crunch, May 5, 2011.

1. Crunch macrumors 6502

Crunch

Hi guys, I just swapped my iPad 2 out for yet another new one (and flawless screen-wise; yes, they do exist!) and it turns out that it came with 4.3.1. :cool:

Being that 4.3.3 just came out hours ago, will Apple still let me upgrade to 4.3.2? I read somewhere that they do allow customers to upgrade to the immediate predecessor of a just released iOS update for a short period of time. Is this true?

Yes, I know there's no jailbreak for the iPad 2 yet, but I'm not worried about my location data, which this mini update is all about. However, I'd like to get 4.3.2 for its (supposed) battery life benefits.

It also happens to be something that I've always wanted to know how to do, i.e. upgrade to a version that is different than what iTunes serves up.

Oh, and yes, I have my SHSH blobs for 4.3.2 saved by way of TinyUmbrella, if that makes any difference. ;)

Thanks very much for any responses! :)

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Yesterday i could still pull a 4.3.2 shsh, i didn't realize tiny umbrella wasn't 4.3.3 aware yet so it pulled 4.3.2.

3. gnychis macrumors 6502

they are still signing with 4.3.2 ... i just did it on my iPhone no more than 15 minutes ago

4. Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502

Crunch

Great! Now, how exactly would I do that? I'll have to find the official 4.3.2 IPSW file and then what? Do I use iTunes for it?

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Yes, just get 4.3.2 somewhere and you can restore normally for the moment it looks like.

6. Crunch thread starter macrumors 6502

Crunch

Good stuff! Thank you! Just did a successful upgrade to 4.3.2 without any issues. I had forgotten that I had to hold the Option key while clicking on Restore. (this is on the Mac; Windows works the same way but it's a different key obviously)

(all we need now is a JB ;-) )

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I never get these threads. Wouldn't checking tiny umbrella be faster then asking.

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I'd love to see an end to this question. With every new firmware release this question is posted. Can I still restore to the previous firmware since a new firmware came out today?

Well, why don't YOU try it and find out the answer to that question?

The worst that will happen is you will be denied the restore to that firmware if you don't have an SHSH on file for it already.

This isn't rocket science. The slightest bit of research would turn up this information.

9. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Maybe they are not at a computer where they can try?

10. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

So then it wouldn't matter if they could or not?

11. Tiptizzle macrumors 6502

Well, do they hurry home and try to do it? Or just forget about making an extra trip home since it can't be done anyway?

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Hey Boss can I run home real quick? I need to save my SHSH Blobs.

13. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

can u only save blobs from the current FW that your idevice is on or can u save whatever Apple is signing?

14. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It's based on what Apple is signing, not what's on your phone. I don't know why the OP didn't want to save the blob. If you've got the blob, you can install that ios anytime you want.