4.3.5 Downgrading for JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SemiFiction, Sep 26, 2011.

1. SemiFiction macrumors newbie

Herro there,

I understand that there isn't an untethered jb for firmware 4.3.5 (which sucks :[) but my question is, is it possible to downgrade my firmware without SHSH blobs. My computer crashed since I've upgraded my iPhone 4, so I lost it. I've seen certain programs, i.e. iFaith, that allows you to create and sign an SHSH blob to use for 4.3.3 that has been customized by sn0wbreeze in a tutorial. Anyone have any details on legitimate this is? I've tried it myself with no success but people have said it worked. I'm hoping it's just user error at this point. Hah.

This is the link that I found for the said tutorial:
    http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/08/downgrade-435-to-433-without-shsh-blobs.html

Thanks in advance. :)

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

your SHSH blobs are backed up to Cydia so even if your computer "crashed" and they were deleted you can still downgrade to 4.3.3 as they would have been backed up to Cydia.

To get your SHSH blobs back. Open tinyumbrella, plug in your device and click save SHSH all the saved SHSH blobs would be downloaded from the Cydia server and you will have them back. (One of the best things Saurik has done)

3. SemiFiction thread starter macrumors newbie

That would amazing if I had my phone jailbroken to begin with. :[ I haven't used Cydia. :/ Also now I can't even factory restore. Error 3194 appears. :[

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

you don't need to be jailbroken before. if you used tinyubrella to save shsh's before they would have been backed up to Cydia. Regardless of whether you have jailbroken or not.

have you used tinyumbrella before or am i mistaken?

If you can't restore you may need to fix your hosts file also. However you can check for SHSH's even if you can't restore.

5. SemiFiction thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I didn't use tinyumbrella prior to this. Yeah, I'm going to look into hosts file. Just don't know what to look for. I checked for SHSH's in tinyumbrella and iFaith and I do not have any for this device.

6. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Delete the lines that mention iTunes. Without SHSH blobs you have zero chance at going to 4.3.3 or anything lower than 4.3.5. It is just impossible, there is no way around it no matter what.

7. neiljo macrumors newbie

Is that method of downgrading the OP linked proven? I'm in the same position myself pretty much, i had 4.2.x (jailbroken), restored via iTunes then deleted data on my iphone and then went straight to 4.3.5 only to find the only way to jailbreak my iphone was some tethered method. The last time i jailbroke my phone it was pretty simple, i dont have a clue what an SHSH Blob is, nor where i would look to find one, sorry for hijacking the thread but our problems are pretty similar and i'm sure it wouldnt take too long for someone to point me in the right direction, cheers in advance.

P.S: Cant wait to make my phone look like some of the ones posted on these forums with all the widgets, i've only ever used dreamboard or something before that.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

9. neiljo macrumors newbie

So my only option is to try that tethered method or wait?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.

11. SemiFiction thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, both in the same position here. It's been probably since 3.2 since I've jailbroken. I worked for Apple for about 7 months and, unlike the genius', I used my personal iPhone to help demonstrate some of the features that couldn't be done with the floor models to customers. Obviously it isn't a bright idea to have it jailbroken at that point. Let me know if you find anything else out :)

----------

I've heard that a few times, just clipping off that last strand of hope man. :( haha. Looks like I'll be waiting for iOS 5 then! Thanks for the help!

12. neiljo macrumors newbie

The same sadly, at least the reason people aren't bothering jailbreaking 4.3.5 is because iOS 5 is coming out rather soon. Just gonna have to sit it out.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

There is a reason there are so many people that say save your shsh blobs ASAP. When a new firmware version comes out. It's not just because people are bored.

14. neiljo, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

neiljo macrumors newbie

The reason people dont do it is probably because they dont have a clue what an SHSH blob is until they have a problem and get to these forums, then sadly... its too late. I had my phone jailbroke for ages and still hadnt heard of it. Takes 5 seconds to Jailbreak and i never had a problem. I didn't think there would be a version people hadn't bothered to Jailbreak because a new ver was coming out soon after.

15. iPagan macrumors regular

It's a type of Jellyfish. They make excellent Sushi!:D

/just messing with ya! :)