4.3 firmware help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mandie, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Mandie macrumors newbie

The only way I can use my iPhone is if I jailbreak/unlock it because I'm not with my original provider. So today I stupidly updated to 4.3 normally and realized my SIM was so longer working. So I tried re-jailbreaking with ultrasn0w and it didn't work. Normally I would have downgraded but this update deleted cydia so now I can't do it and I have no idea what to do.

I really can't afford to pay $600 for a new phone so is there any way I can get this working again?

2. Teeko macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Use snowbreeze. It came can jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 and is the easiest to use.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might be sol. What kind of iPhone was it?

4. Mandie thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use snowbreeze, my bad. But as it was building my new ipsw, the program crashed and said it was aborting. It's probably because I already have 4.3 on my iPhone, I just didn't do it the proper way. Not sure if I can still jailbreak it.

Huh? It's a 3GS.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can JB but in order to unlock it you will have to install the ipad baseband and lose GSP functionality.
    Your choice.

6. Mandie thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for being dumb but what is GSP? Lol...

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Im sorry, meant to type GPS:D
    You wont be able to use your GPS chip so no maps or navigation programs or any functions that need to use your built in GPS feature will work if you install the ipad Baseband.

8. Mandie thread starter macrumors newbie

That's fine I guess. I don't use it anyways. I'll still be able to use everything else though, right? Phone, texting, data, etc?

& do you have a full tutorial on how to do this?