4.3 iPad is Safari Faster for you?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OSMac, Mar 9, 2011.

1. OSMac macrumors 65816

With 4.3 out today,
    how are you finding the 'faster' Safari browser ?

Is it faster for the sites you visit?

2. Fenix85 macrumors member

It is indeed faster. I just installed the update and checked out some photo intensive websites; the difference was noticeable. I'm really liking 4.3.

3. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Agreed, so far so good!

4. Saberj macrumors regular

iTunes is saying 4.2 is the current version for the iPad. I could only update my iPod to 4.3

5. AceCoolie macrumors regular

meh

My co-worker and I both have 16g wifi iPads. I did the 4.3 upgrade and he hasn't. We closed all background programs and ran some test. The sunspider java benchmarks are MUCH improved but for just going to various websites, there is barley any difference. Maybe 1/2 sec or less loading time.

6. heathpitts macrumors member

After I upgraded, I ran the sunspider test in Safari, iCab, and Atomic and Safari definitely is faster. However, Atomic and iCab still show around 8200 ms for the test. Shouldn't the results be the same for all browsers since they are using the same rendering engine?

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Those other browsers will have to be updated.

I got on Safari

Total: 3333.1ms +/- 0.2%

On 4.3

8. heathpitts macrumors member

I didn't think that would be necessary. I always thought that they were just frontends to the underlying webkit engine. Isn't that the reason that Firefox would never be allowed in the appstore since it would have included a different engine? Do these browsers actually include their own copy of webkit?