4.3 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yyb, Mar 26, 2011.

1. yyb macrumors newbie

hey i just updated 4.3. How do you jailbreak 4.3 i tried greenpois0n, limera1n, blackra1n.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

RedmondPie - Jailbreak 4.3 (tethered)

The untethered JB isn't out yet. The tethered one works fine and everything I use, 50ish apps/tweaks, work perfectly well. It's incredibly stable. I've yet to have to reboot while out.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

5. QuarterSwede, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've been running it since 4.3 was out. It's very stable.

User error?

6. allsmilze macrumors newbie

I'm wondering: if I do a tethered jailbreak using RedmondPie and something goes wrong can I restore my phone to default settings if something goes wrong? and my second question is will facetime work on t-mobile network?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can always restore to factory firmware.
    Is your phone factory unlocked of JB and unlocked? If its just JB and unlocked with ultrasnow I'd stay away and just wait for an untethered JB and be extra carefull what you do so you dont lose your unlockable baseband.
    Facetime doesnt work by default on Tmobile but you can buy a package called "mitime" that activates facetime on unofficial carriers.
    http://mitime.info/

8. allsmilze macrumors newbie

Thanx as always applejuiced.... I'm just getting a bit impatient waiting for the untethered jailbreak.. no my iphone 4 is not unlocked or jailbroken.. I been patiently waiting but I have an iphone 4 just collecting dust because I don' t want to connect it with at&t...Also, thanks for the "mitime" info. Greatly appreciated.

9. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I literally ROFL'd. My iPhone 4 is on iOS 4.3 and runs as smooth as silk.

The Windows version is Sn0wbreeze 2.3. The Mac version is PwnageTool 4.2 w/ 4.3 bundle hack. Redmond Pie has the guides for both, but if you're on Windows then the jailbreak is self-explalatory and very easy. PwnageTool 4.2 has to be hacked in order for it to be able to jailbreak iOS 4.3.

Why do you people have such bad reactions to tethered jailbreaks? If you're irresponsible enough to forget charging your phone, then I'd understand but there's nothing bad about it. If not, why? Yes untethered jailbreak is more convenient but a tethered jailbreak is just as useful as long as you don't turn your phone off.

Also, as far as I know, by updating to iOS 4.3, your baseband is updated to a version that cannot be unlocked.

10. DarkCloud2015 macrumors member

DarkCloud2015

Tethered jailbreaks are a PITA. But aside from that, I think people have more reservations about the fact that the current 4.3 jailbreak options aren't from the usual suspects (iPhone Dev, Chronic Dev, etc), and that sn0wbreeze is known for being buggy and causing issues.

11. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

I agree, people have a biased opinion about Sn0wbreeze. However, this version is very stable.
    Tethered jailbreaks aren't a PITA. It's really not that bad.

12. allsmilze macrumors newbie

So I'm confused! some people say yes, and many say No.. is my iphone 4 version 4.2.1 bb version 03.10.01 able to be jailbroken and unlocked for t-mobile?? with sn0wbreeze??

13. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

We need your iOS 4.3 baseband version. It will most likely be 04.10.01, which is not unlockable through Ultrasn0w. Do not use Gevey SIM to unlock; they rarely work.

You can jailbreak iOS 4.3. Those people saying that you can't are people who wait for "official" jailbreaks that are released by iPhone Dev Team and Chronic Dev. They are wrong. There are other jailbreaks, and for iOS 4.3, there's only 2 jailbreaks possible ATM. They are PwnageTool for Mac, and Sn0wbreeze for PC. PwnageTool is great, but requires hacking. Sn0wbreeze has a bad reputation, but this version is very very stable, so yes you can jailbreak but no you cannot unlock.

If you want to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1, then Greenpois0n is great. However, it will soon be outdated with new builds of iOS piling up. I don't believe baseband 03.10.01 can be unlocked, however.

Conclusion: Yes, you can apply jailbreaks to your phone. However, you cannot unlock your carrier without cutting/hacking/screwing with the SIM card.

14. allsmilze macrumors newbie

15. PaulyD macrumors 6502

16. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome bro, I hope we get something soon.
    And from what I heard there's a few exploits out ready to be used.

"The iOS 4.3.1 update released yesterday does not fix the Pwn2Own exploit discovered by Charlie Miller.

iOS 4.3.1 does not fix the pwn2own bug. It's weird they fixed it in the next os x update after the contest, but not the next iPhone update.

More time for the bad guys to get their bindiff->iPhone exploit workflow going."

18. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Is the 4.3 jb semi-tethered?

If you're tethered does this also mean that you also can't respring? Or is that aspect limited to rebooting?

19. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

There's no semi-tethered jailbreak. It's either tethered or not.
    Yes, iOS 4.3 is currently strictly tethered. You can respring as much as you want, and the tethering is limited to rebooting.

20. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Just wait it out until an official untethered jailbreak is out.

21. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I just think tethered jailbreaks are dangerous. My iPhone 4 has frozen, refused to wakeup from sleep without a hard reset, or rebooted itself for no apparent reason. These things happen sometimes, and I would hate for them to happen in an emergency or situation where I need to use my phone but can't because it's running a tethered jailbreak and needs a computer to restart it.

22. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

That's probably because you had a bad or unstable jailbreak.
    Too bad I just removed my jailbreak to save battery life with iOS 4.3.1. Now I'll wait till the Windows version of the jailbreak comes out. Why can't PwnageTool be cross-platform? T.T

23. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

The 4.3/4.3.1 jb will be a while. comex is too busy re-posting irrelevant tweets.

24. Mess macrumors 6502

Mess

I used pwnage tool last night on the imac with 4.3.1

I followed the guide kn redmondpie to the letter but when the phone booted there was no cell network. Just showed no service all the time.

I went through the process again, new creation of custom firmware etc and same happend. So i have no just gone back to non jb 4.3.1

Any ideas?

25. TokyoHam macrumors newbie

And what you're doing to contribute is ... ?