4.3 + safari = bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Mar 9, 2011.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

4.3 is causing safari on the iPhone 4 to lock up. It disables the touch screen and you have to hit the home button to exit. Upon relaunching safari, it will pull up back in it's lock up state, then crash/self-close after 5 seconds. Upon relaunching a second time, safari works as normal.

2. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

No problem for me. Try restoring.

3. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Not seeing that. Try a restore.

4. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

5. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Mine too.

6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

7. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

8. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

did a restore and will see if that fixes the issue i'm experiencing.

*fingers crossed*

9. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

hmmm I just updated about an hour ago and I do notice that safari is less responsive to touch...most notably multi touch gestures such as pinch to zoom...it's not as fluid and I do notice a "stutter" but not quite a lock up...I've noticed this behavior before when looking at search results or web pages inside the google app

10. dave420 macrumors 65816

I had something similar happen to me on my iPad on 4.3. Safari appeared to be working but the web page was sort of grayed out, and I couldn't interact with the page at all. I forced Safari to quit with the power and home buttons and it came back fine.

11. talk2dug macrumors member

jquery 1.4.4 and Mobile 3 alpha

I am building a web app with jquery mobile. In 4.2 it works without a problem. In 4.3 it locks up as soon as I try and build my pages from an ajax call. This is an issue in the new 4.3 browser. I do not have this problem on my 4.2 iPad, my desktop safari or on any of my other webkit browsers.

I am going to launch my app this week, but now with this problem its not going to happen.

Is anyone else out there having a problem with jquery, especially the jquery Mobile framework?

12. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Ok i've been able to replicate the problem. Try this: have safari opened and click on a youtube link, it will open another page and then finally open the youtube app. Watch the video for a few seconds and then multitask back to Safari.

It will then only show about 1/4 of the screen before finally locking up and crashing back to the homescreen. Anybody else able to replicate?

EDIT: Was also able to do this clicking on a youtube link from the Facebook app, and then switching back to the Facebook app. The screen looks all wonky before finally crashing about 10 seconds later.

13. Charlie Sheen macrumors 6502

Charlie Sheen

Mine has a bug that sometimes when in open a youtube link and it opens the youtube plaer and return to safari there is a white screen over the page. I have to close safari from the mutlitasking to make it go away.

14. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

15. talk2dug macrumors member

Stop telling us to restore. That's not going to fix it.

Every iPhone in my offIce with 4.3 has this issue. The common factor here is not the install of the os but the os it's self.

<rant>
    Sorry to rant, but I have been reading a ton of blogs and forums the past few weeks and I am sick of these short one line answers from people who either don't have all the facts and spout off or they try to look cool by having the highest postings on a forum. Just getting tired of it. If you can not contribute logically or give answers that actually help then please stop posting. Your only making I harder for us to find answers because google is full of your one lined answers.

</rant>

16. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

Me too!!

My iPad 2 is doing this which is why I found this thread in a search to see if others are having the same issues as me, and it appears they are.

Safari will crash after clicking on a link to YouTube then switching back to safari. This wasn't the case a few days ago. I am going to reboot my iPad and try this same sequence again too see if that helps it out. I'll report back in a few minutes.

17. Krad3130 macrumors regular

Krad3130

:mad:

Nope, a reboot didn't help it at all. Definitely a big with iOS 4.3 hopefully a fix comes in the new update. That is going to get pretty annoying fast...

18. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

you sound pretty sure of yourself considering you're in the minority. if you're so insistent, why not submit a bug report or take it in to Apple and have it swapped out?

i for one cannot replicate this "bug" you seem to have, and considering many others are also unable to do so, seems like your issue is unique. so what if your "whole office" is having the problem... are they company issued devices? maybe some actual background on your situation is warranted as your incessant whining isnt going to help issues, especially when you're unwilling to even try the suggestions put forth.