4.3gm jb?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ItouchMe, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ItouchMe macrumors regular

ItouchMe

Has anyone dared to try to JB 4.3GM with Greenpois0n or even Pwnagetool? I know the devs said it most likely will not work, but now that its in GM, I was wondering if anyone tried to do it.

2. skillz1318 macrumors regular

I'm waiting to find out as well before upgrading....crossing my fingers that it does!

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

It won't work. They have said there is a jailbreak though, so they will probably release it shortly after the official 4.3 release.

4. CZK macrumors 6502a

Or they will simply save it for iOS 13 as usual

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I heard they were waiting for the Inmarsat version of the iPhone before releasing.

6. Vonswanko macrumors regular

Redsn0w beta will JB 4.3 if you point it at the 4.2.1 ipsw. But you'll still need a different tool to boot it into the jailbroken kernel. Or you can grab a bundle, and use Pwnage Tool to make a custom ipsw and preserve your baseband.

Either way, its a tethered jailbreak. But the jailbreak monte will still be able to be used once they update redsn0w.

7. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Yeah, had enough of the redsn0w approach... they really dropped the ball on 4.2.1... (greenpoison to the rescue) and I won't touch 4.3 with a 10 foot pole until there's a JB ready...

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

4.3 works with PwnageTool 4.2. It is semi-tethered*, Cydia works and you can enable mutlitouch gestures. It involves more steps than usual but it does work according to RedmondPie. I'm going to try it tomorrow when my wife is at work :D

* Can reboot without tether unless you install MobileSubstrate.