4 and 3 finger swipe on trackpad doest work!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SuPeRxSiDeWaYs, Mar 2, 2010.

1. SuPeRxSiDeWaYs macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am brand new to this site and am just looking for some help on fixing my current problem. When i swipe four fingers down on the trackpad to show everything i have open it doesnt work. When i try to swipe four fingers up to get to my desktop it doesnt work. When i try to go back a page in safari by swiping three fingers to the left it wont go back. But when i use two fingers to scroll up and down pages that works just fine. :confused::confused:
    I havent taken it to an apple store due to I am stuck at college and there isnt one around. I would really like to know if i can fix this problem on my own or if i have to bring it in.
    Thanks for looking, and i hope you can help.

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Try switching off the three and four finger swipe options in System Preferences and then switch back on again.

3. SuPeRxSiDeWaYs thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant switch them off, when i put my mouse over it the video screen in the bottom right cornor pops up and shows what happens when you swipe 4 fingers.
    Unless im in the wrong area, I click on system preferences and select trackpad. Am i doing something wrong?

4. Ardoptres macrumors regular

This also happens to me sometimes. Rebooting usually fixes it. Sometimes i have to do it more than once though.

5. SuPeRxSiDeWaYs thread starter macrumors newbie

I will give that a try.
    Thank you!

6. SuPeRxSiDeWaYs thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it to work again. All it needed was 3 restarts!! Thanks for all the help:D:D

7. m85476585 macrumors 65816

This is a bug in 10.6.2. Creating a second account, logging into that, then logging into your account might somewhat permanently fix it. Otherwise every other reboot usually fixes it (at least for me).

I hope Apple fixes this in 10.6.3

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Have you got all the gestures turned on in the system preferences?

9. highvoltag3 macrumors newbie

Annoying....

This is so Annoying this is the second time it happens to me but this time it's really a pain it won't go away 3 restarts till now.