Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Its irrelevant to the post but ok.My i7 Haswell hackintosh is build in fractal define mini,antec 620 watercooler (5 years no maintenance)all three fans replaced with noctua(watercooler and two from case),asus gtx 760 my system is cheap and dead silent. On full load is compared with my iMac(mechanical drive replaced with ssd's) in idle.

----------

I have replace it with a pwm noctua fan for cpu watercooler and its dead silent idle run at 300rpm and full load handbrake 3 hours never exceed 900rpm with cpu temp at 55C.

I reckon after you've heard a nMP working in real life at full load, sitting on your desk right next to your keyboard and mouse and not under the desk like a normal case is you will think again. It has just one slow and large spinning fan as the only moveable component in the entire design. You have three fans plus I presume a 4th in the PSU. Sticking your hackintosh case on the desk right next to the can would be the only way to truly compare it and I reckon on full load in the same place there I know what would win the quiet competition!

chevalier433

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2011
I reckon after you've heard a nMP working in real life at full load, sitting on your desk right next to your keyboard and mouse and not under the desk like a normal case is you will think again. It has just one slow and large spinning fan as the only moveable component in the entire design. You have three fans plus I presume a 4th in the PSU. Sticking your hackintosh case on the desk right next to the can would be the only way to truly compare it and I reckon on full load in the same place there I know what would win the quiet competition!
I agree mate apple did a really great job in this matter i am really impressed probably will be my next purchase in its second revision(2014 update) as my business move slowly to 4K.I just told you that these days you can really build a totally silent and beautiful pc i didn't compare anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.