4 days with an iPhone 4 - from a 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotlex, Jul 6, 2010.

1. rotlex macrumors 6502a

Mini opinion review time. :)

Had my 3G since nearly the time they came out. Moved up to a new phone just this past weekend. Some random ramblings and thoughts if you will.....

1. I was going to give my 3G to my wife after picking this phone up. I can't do that now, as it would be like giving her a tin can and a string. This thing is fast! (Oh well, at least she doesn't need 32GB, so I'll save myself $100). :D

2. Look and feel - it fits my hand better, and the more squared off body means I'm less likely to drop it.

3. Initial impressions after 4 days of use regarding signal loss. It is FAR better than my 3G was. I can actually make calls in the house, and have yet to drop a call in an area I considered the "dead zone" - a 1 mile stretch of road in the boondocks that lead up to my house.

Overall? A very, very, very worthy upgrade. Maybe I'm very lucky, but I am not experiencing any of the signal issues that are so talked about here, and elsewhere. I DO see a visual bar drop if I grip the phone with a "death grip" for a minute or so, but call clarity, and stability, never leave. My 3G would drop calls daily, even while sitting still and using the speaker phone. (Particularly in my house, and office).

Data is a much more pleasant experience as well. I haven't tested the speeds yet, and maybe it's just the proc speed, but everything from surfing the web, to downloading apps and music just seems 10 fold better. I'm not a fanboy by any means, although I do own 4 macs, multiple iPods, an ATV and now two phones, but I am very happy with this phone so far. Maybe it's because of all the bad press I've been reading, but it is far exceeding my expectations to date. For reference, no case, no bumper, no screen protectors.

The only negative to date? As I said in statement number one up above, I just can't give my wife the 3G now without feeling like a real loser, LOL. (Heck, she has put up with me for nearly 25 years). :D

Loving it so far!

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I pretty much have the same experience as you. Only difference is I gave my 3G to my girlfriend. :rolleyes: She is on T-Mobile however (I unlocked it) so I don't feel as bad.