4 finger back page?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by tsmith, Jul 4, 2011.

1. tsmith macrumors newbie

tsmith

When I was using DP4 I was able to go back one page or forward one page in firefox, safari and/or finder by using a 4 finger swipe. It does not work anymore in the GM release and I cannot find settings to change it under trackpad...

Anyone have any idea on how to get that back as it is really useful?

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

3. tsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

tsmith

two finger for what? it only scrolls horizontally when I do that.

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

5. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Go to Trackpad in System Preferences, More Gestures tab, and change "Swipe Between Pages" to "Swipe with Two or Three fingers". This will also allow you to swipe back/forward in Firefox, the Finder, iPhoto and other apps again with a three finger swipe. I think Swipe Between Full Screen Apps will automatically change to a four finger swipe when you do this. If not, change it manually.

6. tsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

tsmith

I looked like three times I have no idea how I missed that, in any case thanks for the help!!

7. Obilolo macrumors newbie

Same for me : just after installing Lion (final version), I had 4 finger swipe "defaultly" activated for back/forward navigation in every app that used 3 finger swipe in snow leopard.

After playing with gestures prefs, I tried to restore this behaviour and was unable to find any prefs combination that does. I never got the 4 finger back/forward navigation...

Any ideas how to do it ?