4 finger gesture - slight annoyance

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RealEvil, Nov 19, 2008.

1. RealEvil macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a new 2.53 Unibody. I love the gestures - I have ditched my mighty mouse for good!

The only issue is that the 4 finger gesture to switch apps (sideways flicking motion) brings up the list of apps correctly but selecting them can be a pain. Even though you can scroll left or right with a finger you cannot select a application without putting the cursosr over it. Which is a pain if your cursor is at the bottom of the screen which mine often tends to be (no idea why possibly because I auto hide the dock).

Any way of changing this so that I can scroll through the apps then single click on the one I want? I appreciate the cursor is somewhere else but I cannot be the only one that finds this... annoying?

Neil

2. Titfink macrumors newbie

I don't use the function very often, but I just tried some random combinations and this works for me:

4 finger sideway brings up the app switcher
    2 finger sideway scrolling to highlight app
    4 finger click switches to highlighted app

3. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

What you want to do is press 'command' and 'tab', this brings up the same UI application selector on screen, and with each press of tab, will change to the next application.

4. RealEvil thread starter macrumors 6502

You are a genius thank you! Works wonderfully!!!!

5. cutcopypaste macrumors regular

it's weird i always forget what is supposed to select the application and struggle with it and swear i try the 4 finger click.. and the eventually i search on line, try it again and it works. i think the key is that you have to do a confident 4 finger click lol.

6. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

i like this option however if an application is still active but closed by using the red button it doesnt open. please tell me there is a way, an option or an extra app that can reopen them?
    thanks