4 finger swipe gestures not working in the GM.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by torana355, Jul 6, 2011.

1. torana355 macrumors 68020

I got my trackpad today and I'm getting used to it with Lion but the 4 finger gestures are not working at all? Is this a known bug?

2. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

My four finger gestures are working perfectly. Have you double-checked that you have assigned some four finger gestures in System preferences?

What are you trying to use the gestures for? Mine are Up for Mission Control, down for App Expose, left/right for switching between full-screen apps.

3. torana355 thread starter macrumors 68020

Ok i figured it out. When i initially enabled the 3 finger drag, it automatically turned on 4 finger swipes for Mission control and FS app switching. For some reason the 4 finger swipes did not work till i manually changed the setting from 3 finger back to 4 again. Bug?

4. KyleGP macrumors member

I can confirm I just had this bug also.
    Doing what you said (toggling 3 then 4 finger swipe) fixed the issue.

5. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Ditto, small glitch that drove me bonkers for a little while.

6. stephenmcnutt macrumors newbie

Same Bug for Me

I confirm that I had the same problem with four-finger gestures working initially but then not working after I set three-finger dragging. Toggling the Mission Control/App Expose settings to 3-finger and back to 4-fingers fixed the problem.

Also, I noticed that after fixing this, 3-finger dragging again didn't work. I had to go back in and recheck the checkbox for it.

Also also: I'm noticing that the 4-finger Mission Control gesture sometimes gets stuck mid-animation so I only see a couple of overlapping windows in the center of the screen.