4 finger swipe removed?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SR 7, Jul 20, 2011.

1. SR 7 macrumors regular

I used to swipe 4 fingers and it would show the apps open in the center of the screen and now its gone. I can only do it with tab+command. is there anyway to get this option back?

2. kolax macrumors G3

I must have this back too! I use it all the time, as well as 4 finger swipe to show the desktop.

This is going to take some getting used to, but I want to be able to switch between apps with gestures.

3. TrickyRick macrumors member

Guess they want you to use Mission Control :p

My tip is Better Touch Tool, allows you to set up all sorts of actions for different gestures and I think this one can be set up.
    As for the desktop it still exists, it's just a different gesture, check the Trackpad section of Sys Prefs.

4. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Yeah, I never had this before, but if you go by their website, all the gestures are not working. When I try to switch between apps, it only goes from the current browser to the dashboard. I also can't swipe to navigate.

Anyone else having any luck?

5. TrickyRick macrumors member

Swipe to navigate is a setting, check Sys Prefs. As for getting BTT gestures to work, try turing of the gesture in Sys Prefs, they might conflict.

6. kolax macrumors G3

From the gesture settings, there is no way to get the 4 finger swipe back.

I don't see why Apple had to go and change all this - 4 finger swipe down for Mission Control and 4 finger swipe up for desktop, like it was before. 4 swipe left/right to switch apps.

I'm finding it all very confusing and not very intuitive. Don't even get me started on the 5 finger gestures, what a pain in the arse they are.

7. TrickyRick macrumors member

Which is why I gave the tip about Better Touch Tool. Works like a charm for me. Allows you to set up the gestures just like you want them, old-school SL style if you like.

8. meechy macrumors 6502

I cant thank you enough for letting me know about Better Touch Tool. I was going so mad because i couldn't use the 4 finger swipe to bring up the application switcher, i use it all the time.

9. Drunken Master macrumors 65816

Drunken Master

None of these fancy new gestures have worked for me so far...

10. TrickyRick macrumors member

Glad I could help :D