4 GB (64 bit) Metadata editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ross.32, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ross.32 macrumors 6502

I am putting all of my DVDs onto my MacBook Pro. I have been using MetaX to enter all of my metadata, and it has been going fine. The problem is with my Lord of the Rings movies. They are all over 4 GB, so MetaX can not handle them. I did a little research, and found that only 64 bit apps can load a file over 4 GB. So are there any programs for Leopard that can do the job for me?

Thanks,
    ross

2. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

That is definitely not true. HD movie rips are regularly around 8 GB, and VLC can open them with no problem. I have an Intel Core Duo, so my computer is physically unable to run 64-bit apps. More like a bug in MetaX if you ask me.

3. ross.32 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I emailed the MetaX developer to see why it would not work. No responce yet. Just curious, how are you ripping HD movies (software, hardware)?

4. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

I'm not personally ripping them; I have a friend who does. Gigabit ethernet is really awesome :D.

On Windows, I've heard you can use AnyDVD HD, assuming you have an HD-DVD drive or Blu-Ray drive in/attached to your computer.

5. ross.32 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay thanks. I might have to invest in a HD DVD/Blu-Ray Combo external drive and a copy of Vista.

6. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

I'd do a lot more research first before buying all that stuff; the word of one forum poster (me) is not going to be as good as, say, visiting SlySoft's site.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html

7. ross.32 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the link. I am following another HD thread, so I know it can be done.