Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
I have a question :D What does that active and non active thing mean?? and how does it effect performance etc. I use many screens with my mac pro and i use apples single link adapters for the FULL HD ones and the Dual Link DVI ones for my 1600p screen. wondering if there is a different way because those dual link adapter are extremely annoying and have so many bugs (they are s*** in my opinion :D )

cheers

Active/Non-active refers to circuits within the adapter or not, rather than the single-link/dual-link issue. There is no impact on performance between a non-active and an active adapter.

Single link will drive a monitor up to 1920x1200 resolution (which I'm assuming you mean by Full HD). Dual-Link will drive beyond that, so is needed for anything larger in resolution (2560x1440, 2560x1600 etc) - but because dual-link needs circuits inside the adapter, it's also natively active.

noblends

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012
Post Mortum?

Stephen23–what solution did you end up going with and how were the results?

gang-himself

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
That would be very interesting for me to...

I'm also working in a theater with a MacPro and 3 Graphic-Cards (also I've never used 8 outputs so far)...
But a Triple-Head with 3-Times 800*600 and on the other Port also 800*600 on a GeForce 8800GT in a MacPro 2,1 was no Problem...

Greetings,

Wolfgang

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.